subkelvin

Help in buying IP Cams (Dahua vs Hikvision vs Smar)

Hi! Been reading this forum for the past couple days and already learned a lot, specially that you need to invest in good CAM hardware to have a nice system, my old analog CAMs are with a lot of noise at night so I'm buying a new digital setup.

I'm looking at a DaHua IPC-HDW4431C-A for $60, a Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I for $100 and Hikvision DS-2CD2055-I also for $100, how to understand the differences and choose one? The specs look very similar to me.

I read here someone saying that DaHua may be best in daylight but Hikvision excels at very dark nights. This cam will be on my house's front, looking at the street and I want to be able to see cars license plates and people faces if someone happens there, so I decided to go for a 5MP at least for those two cams.

Also will invest later on a NVR (from now will use my PC server to record), I saw some NVRs from a brand named SMAR from China, anyone knows about it quality? I can buy a 8ch 5MP for $100 from they, but with DaHua or Hik the price goes bigger.

Thanks for any help and suggestion on others cam that will fit this budget, since I'm from Brazil the best option is to buy Chinese hardware from Aliexpress/eBay.