Dirk_D

Can't see Dahua NVR/DVR/Cameras on Firefox anymore

Please install plugins first!

That's been normal for the last couple years, install the plugin, select "allow & remember", and then it was good.

But now it's a roadblock & I can't log into the NVRs or DVRs at all via web browser. I can still access with SmartPSS but I need access via web browser.

Anyone know what the problem is? OS: windows 7 & 10, same problem as of just a few days ago.

Firefox does not work with NPAPI plugins from version 52. You will need to use IE.

Another way to do it, you might want to keep around a download of the v51 of Firefox Portable, and use it when you need to access any of your Dahua devices.

Firefox does not work with NPAPI plugins from version 52. You will need to use IE.

Another way to do it, you might want to keep around a download of the v51 of Firefox Portable, and use it when you need to access any of your Dahua devices.

Hikvision and all of it's OEMs also!

Internet Explorer doesn't work anymore - does anyone know which browser/settings to use now?

I just tried the basics again on 2 machines running win7 & 10 and keep getting the message "please install plug-ins first"

////////////scratch that - IE started working again, not sure what I was doing wrong.

This works for me even on the latest firefox

How to use Firefox to live view Hikvision device

1. Install the plug in first.

2. Open a blank page of Firefox and input about:config (where you normally type the web address)

3 Press Enter. Click on the, “I Accept the Risk” Button.

4. You will then be in the plugin section of Firefox.

Right click, then go to NEW from the dropdown list. You will have 3 options to choice from, you will need to select Boolean. Once you have done that, you will need to type the plugin name:

plugin.load_flash_only

Click OK and choose “false” for the VALUE.

5. Exit firefox and reload the DVR/NVR web interface to 'accept' to run the plugin at the top of the page (all being well).

Seems that with my new Firefox 55 I can not even login anymore. Putting credentials and then clicking OK, nothing happens.

I think there is no 100% solution with Dahua and web browsers. IE is good in Win7, but in Win10 there is no IE. Edge does not work.

For Chrome they have an app (NACL plugin) which works, but it is not a plugin, more like a "browser inside a browser" where you can

put Dahua devices address in the location field. Well, better than nothing anyway.

SmartPSS is also good solution but I don't know what is the logic to have so many versions (3 at the moment). SmartPSS is incredibly slow when you

adjust device settings. Also you cannot go very deep in the settings, for example it does not have all the exposure settings. Also I was not able to turn on FTP snapshot upload with SmartPSS, because it does not have an option to move the tick from storage -> local snapshot -> ftp snapshot.

EDIT: Seems to be that Chrome has many different apps for Dahua, depends to which camera you try to first login with it. NACL plugin is so far the best working but

did not see my own NVR with it.