Sign in to follow this  
MikeSVO

Camera and NVR compatability - Luma with Panasonic WV-NS202A

Hi everyone! Forum n00b...I did some searching but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I have a customer who I finally got to upgrade to an IP system. The original installation utilized 5 cameras, 2 of which are Panasonic WV-NS202A PTZ's. They're IP and/or analog, as they have a PoE port, a 12v input jack as well as a 3.5mm analog video output. As installed, they're being powered via the PoE port, but the video is being taken from the 3.5mm analog video output. Yes, it's a bit weird, but has been working for years.

I would like to get a Luma NVR and a few of their cameras as well, but wanted to retain the Panasonics since there's nothing wrong with them, and they'd be quite expensive to replace with comparable units.

So the question is compatibility. I looked up the specs for the NVR and the Panasonic cameras, and there was no mention of the cameras being ONVIF compliant (they are pretty old...), but both use the same type of image compression. As you may be able to tell...I don't know the nuts and bolts of what allow certain cameras to work with certain recorders - and that's my question: will these cameras work with this box, or do I just have to give it a try?

Thanks

Mike