dtype

Geovision UBL1211 iris issues?

I've admittedly been messing with the settings on my Geovision GV-UBL1211 camera recently. I didn't think I was actually messing with iris at this particular time, but I might have been.

See video at

Note bright and clear at 4:45, some changes around 5:00, and blurry-ish by 5:15. There are also some contrast changes and the lens of the camera is more in focus. It kind of looks like the depth of field changed but the whole image got blurrier, which is suggestive of an iris issue.

Could also be backfocus (which would have been my thought had something knocked the camera, or had it not been running fine for years before this change, just as I was playing with the settings recently).

Iris type is set to "DC-Iris" and auto-iris to "Disable". These are unchanged from settings it had been running. I also went into the Geovision control app and reset the camera settings, and it didn't make things better.

I appreciate any thoughts or pointers.

....and again.

Was checking the settings, and changed the mpeg quality level, and touched the dynamic range setting, and all was well, then somewhere in there it blew up again and went back.

See 3:30 all is fine, things blow up a bit, presumably as I changed something like dynamic range. Then I closed the Geovision app (wasn't looking at the feed at the time) and by 4:40 things are back to the degraded state. I'm trying to narrow things down to a particular setting, but changing them around and staring at the feed results in no changes now. Not sure what gets it back to the clean state before it blows up again.

I can't seem to attribute the good image / bad image difference to anything I'm doing. I've only got the dynamic range setting and auto-iris on/off (which has been off for years afaik), and changing these around results in no change to the blurry image when I'm actually looking at it.

Ok, I *might* have figured out at least something.

I *think* enabling auto-iris might be the thing that throws the camera into fits. Upon disabling it, nothing happens, but if I hard reboot the camera with auto-iris disabled, then it comes back up in good shape again.

I want to test this theory with a few more reboots, but since the camera is currently actually working as intended, then I'm going to let it run for a few hours without me meddling to make sure that it doesn't manage to somehow go awry on its own.