dpstek

Dahua POS on IP camera or another solution

Hello

Hope someone might know.

I have an install where I need to display POS overlay ( using rs232 TCP/ IP converter ) to more than one NVR.

I currently have a 32 channel hik NVR in place and the display overlay works fine, but the next step has thrown me some issues.

The client requested spot monitors elsewhere in building to allow two operators to view two cameras both of which have the osd overlay. This is currently in place using a channel hik NVR for both, but no overlay is viewable as the 96 series NVR doesn't re transmit it's overlay....

We tried some small sum vision all in one PC's with ivms but without success, still no overlay

The quick solution is another 2 nvrs (hik) with overlay function but the cost issue of 800 wasn't the best route.

I was led to believe I could do direct osd overlay with some recent dahua cameras to the camera itself 5100 or 5300 series but after coming back to them yesterday on the bench i have either forgotten something or been miss informed. This would mean the overlay was now embedded in the camera stream, hence viewable at any location

If anyone has any ideas or can enlighten me I'd be grateful.

Thanks

D