Sign in to follow this  
Towser

Ptz over Ethernet?

Hi all,

I have a Hikvision DS-7208HQHI-SH Hikvision 8Ch Turbo DVR, 1080p real time, HDMI/VGA output unit and DM20T12V30 2.4MP 1080P TVI Dome Camera 2.8-12mm varifocal lens, 30m IR, DS-2CD2132F-I HIKVISION 3MP Dome, 4mm fixed lens, 30mIR

DS-2CD2532F-IS-2.8mm camera.

There are 5 fixed and 2 IP cameras in total connected to my DVR at the moment.

I also have a cheap BW® BWC23N 700TVL Outdoor/Indoor Waterproof Day Night Vision Infrared Bullet Security Camera CCTV IR LEDs 3.6mm Wide View Angle 20M IR Distance connected to my system, ideally this is the camera I want to replace but this has BNC connections so don't think the Ptz will work without running an additional cable?

I am looking to add a PTZ camera to my system that will auto track and zoom when it gets activated, can anyone recommend something please, ideally I would prefer something that will just replace one of the existing cameras with minimum amount of work, and without running any additional cables, is this possible? It obviously will need to work with my DVR although it does not necessary have to be Hikvision brand, I have had a quick look at the DS-2CD4D26FWD-IZS HIKVISION 2MP IP DOME CAMERA ULTRA LOW LIGHT DARKFIGHTER LITE 2.8-12MM VARIFOCAL UP TO 30M IR, will this work with my system and do what I want (zoom in and follow movement automatically on activation and importantly for me, is it a direct replacement for one of my existing IP cameras and can I control the Ptz over the currently connected Ethernet cable?)

Thanks in advance

Ron

Unless I missed it the camera you listed only has zoom no Pan or tilt.

Yes, that's correct, I wanted to replace one of them with a PTZ Camera, but need to know if the existing Ethernet cable will allow me to control the PTZ as I can't run a new cable, just want to swap one of the cameras. Ideally I want smart tracking.

Thanks again

Ron

You can replace one of your IP cameras with a PTZ IP camera, yes. With IP the control signals get sent over the UTP cable also.

You can also replace another of the analog/TVI cameras with a TVI dome; with TVI the control signals get sent over the same cable as the video (BNC or UTP with baluns). So any TVI dome should do it to replace the old analog camera (I would recommend you a Hikvision one, since you have a Hikvision DVR).

Smart tracking? Forget about that.

You can replace one of your IP cameras with a PTZ IP camera, yes. With IP the control signals get sent over the UTP cable also.

You can also replace another of the analog/TVI cameras with a TVI dome; with TVI the control signals get sent over the same cable as the video (BNC or UTP with baluns). So any TVI dome should do it to replace the old analog camera (I would recommend you a Hikvision one, since you have a Hikvision DVR).

Smart tracking? Forget about that.

THANK YOU I really appreciate your help and advice

Ron

If I purchased a DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS will it work as a direct replacement and will it come with ANPR firmware already loaded?