QC444

Concerened someone may be viewing on my WiFi IP Camera

Hello,

I purchased a WiFi IP Camera from AKASO. Sometimes when none of my devices are connected, it makes the same noises I hear when I'm zooming, snapping photos or panning/tilting. Sometimes it even moves. Oddly, it always seems to stop when I turn to look at the camera. My wife has told me it does this when I'm not home and noone in the house is operating any controls for it.

My main concern is that to use thse cameras, you have to LOG IN to the manufacturers website. If you cannot access their website, the camera will not work.

Doesn't that mean they can randomly view your video stream anytime they want to?

I have the WiFi network secured with WPA and access is limited to the router modem by MAC addresses...however...the manufactuere has the MAC address...right?

Should I be concerned or is it practically impossible that someone else would be viewing my video feeds?

Thanks

Hello,

I purchased a WiFi IP Camera from AKASO. Sometimes when none of my devices are connected, it makes the same noises I hear when I'm zooming, snapping photos or panning/tilting. Sometimes it even moves. Oddly, it always seems to stop when I turn to look at the camera. My wife has told me it does this when I'm not home and noone in the house is operating any controls for it.

My main concern is that to use thse cameras, you have to LOG IN to the manufacturers website. If you cannot access their website, the camera will not work.

Doesn't that mean they can randomly view your video stream anytime they want to?

I have the WiFi network secured with WPA and access is limited to the router modem by MAC addresses...however...the manufactuere has the MAC address...right?

Should I be concerned or is it practically impossible that someone else would be viewing my video feeds?

Thanks

Yes, send that junk back...

Look to see if your camera saves logs, then you can see if anyone else has been using it.

Hello,

Thanks

Without any suggestions of something better I'm not sure this helps

Look to see if your camera saves logs, then you can see if anyone else has been using it.

Well, if I was the manufacturer and I "intended" to be able to view peoples private cameras, I would probably be able to suppress logs of my log ins and activity....this might be a bit paranoid....but again it's China so is it necessarily?

Imagine if people who work for Lockheed Martin or any one of our defense contractors and they put one of these in their home which can also transmit audio.....

I can all but guarantee you that while our government spies on us regularly, they probably have given ZERO thought to this.

Well, if I was the manufacturer and I "intended" to be able to view peoples private cameras, I would probably be able to suppress logs of my log ins and activity....this might be a bit paranoid....but again it's China so is it necessarily?

Imagine if people who work for Lockheed Martin or any one of our defense contractors and they put one of these in their home which can also transmit audio.....

I can all but guarantee you that while our government spies on us regularly, they probably have given ZERO thought to this.

Did you even try looking? Does your router have logs?

Hello,

Thanks

Without any suggestions of something better I'm not sure this helps

it helps a lot..start doing some research, do you think you are the first person on this forum or others that has asked for camera advice? the search function and google are there for a reason....unless that is too much work for you....