Mai78211

Adding addtional(virtual)channels to 16POE DS-7732NI-14/16P

Hello,

I am new to IP-based CCTV. For years now I have installed analog-based CCTV systems. I am branching out to IP with this first project for my business. I am using Hikvision products for this project. I am using 12MP Hikvision Fisheye network camera model DS-2CD63C2F-IS. For my recorder, I am using Hikvision DS-7732NI-14/16P. I will be installing a total of five (5) Fisheye network cameras. Each one will be running 4 streams of video to my DVR. Up until now, I have everything working perfectly with 4 Fisheye cameras running 4 streams of video each for a total 16 channels. My DVR can do 32 channels.

The problem is when I try add the fifth Fisheye camera with an additional 4 streams of video and an additional 4 more dome cameras to the DVR. Once I occupied the first 16 channels (D1-D16) with the first 4 Fisheye cameras, I can't seem to be able add the rest of the cameras I need. The camera I am trying to add is active and has a strong password. I know there is a "Add IP Camera (custom)" menu. I added additional channels (D17, D18, ect.) in an attempt to add the other cameras, but I can not get the DVR to connect to the cameras past D16. I have done everything exactly the same as the first four cameras running 4 streams each with the exception of having the cameras on the "virtual channels" that I manually added past the original 16 channels, and still can not get the DVR to connect to any camera past D16. I have the pretty much ruled out everything I can think of such as making sure the IP address is entered correctly, making sure the camera is active, having a strong password, and even did a factory reset to make sure I didn't mess something up along the way, but to no avail. I am missing something?

Please help...This is my first post here on this forum. I hope someone out there has some familiarity of what I am dealing with. Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated. I am sure it's something simple. The problem must be with the virtual channels I am adding using the "Add IP Camera (custom)" menu but I just can't figure it out. Thank you

Hi. 5 12np .... that nvr is not capable of giving you that.

The 4 you have connected has already taken 16 at 1080p each

32 you will need to go down to 720p

Tomcctv,

Thank you for the reply. I will adjust the resolution down to 720P. Do you think that could be the issue with the problem I am having?. Thank you again =:).