Sign in to follow this  
liyzag

LIGHTING FOR IP

Hi friends,

i just installed my 16 camera cctv system in my 2.5 cre farm house.

2mp ip hikvision (2020 f-i)

16 channel nvr

my question is since its a huge farm house, how do i get best nightvision. i read that lighting is really important but how do i setup the lighting for thr camera ??

should i buy floodlight and place them above the camera?? i can get a 20 foot pole and place the 100w led light above the camera ??

as of now i have a camera facing in a direction and light on the ground in the field of the camera which is not giving good night vision. all cameras are at a height and where ever there are pointed, lights are installed there. white led bulbs so the bulb is really shinning on the screen.

the cameras i have are really expensive. ive spent more than $3000 on the whole setup so i dont mind spending another $300 on lighting if that helps.

please help !!

thanks !

If the cameras are IR cameras, I reccommend IR lamps with light sensors since the IR light is invisible to humans and less intrusive for most.

If they are not IR cameras, I would go for motion sensor lights and focus on the vital areas captured by the cameras.

No point in lighting up every inch all the time.

Also, motion based lights tend to scare some would-be burglars away before they actually do the burglary.

Placement of lights isn't that important, as long as they don't shine directly into a camera.

Feel free to place them near vital areas, but let cameras and light be inaccessible.

I've seen footage of burglars shoving cameras out of position so they can do as they please.