Sign in to follow this  
kernowlad

Hikvision NVR and Bosch IP camera

I have a Hikvision N7716 IP 4T NVR and a Bosch Flexidome 5000 (NIN50022A) camera. The Bosch camera shows up on the monitor attached to the NVR and the mobile apps, but on the remote iVMS 4200 software there's a problem. If I am looking at a multiscreen view, it won't show up, but if I go full screen on the Bosch, it appears.

I am using the Bosch protocol, since the Hikvision NVR has it in the menu. I have gone into the Bosch camera settings, which are quite complex, and fiddled around a bit, but so far haven't found anything that works.

Does anybody have any ideas that work? I imagine that some setting on the Bosch would fix this.

By the way, in case you ask why would I choose the Bosch instead of one of the extensive lines of Hikvision cameras - purely practical reasons. All the Hikvision cameras I saw have a big bulky harness attached that you have to hide somewhere. I needed a camera that I could just poke a Cat 6 cable through the wall and plug it into the camera. The Bosch was available and fit my other specs.

I'm not sure what you're saying or how to do it exactly.

I don't have a problem viewing the cameras on my phone, they all show up, including the Bosch. It's the PC client software, the iVMS-4200. The Bosch will show up when maximized, even if the window is made smaller, but wont show up in a multiview mode. I just noticed today that I can go into one of the multiview modes with the Bosch large and the rest small (I only have 8 cameras, currently) and I see the Bosch.

It makes me think that an output setting on the Bosch may be the culprit, but wouldn't know what to change it to.

Your substream on iVMS-4200 and your camera are not playing well toguether.

When you see the camera big on iVMS-4200 it is using the main stream; when you see it small, it is using the substream. You will have to force it to main stream even when you are seeing it small.

You can also check the substream settings on your Bosch camera, maybe they are set to something that iVMS-4200 does not understand.