Sign in to follow this  
dany28

DS-2CD4026FWD-A - Day and Night Mode on Sunset or Sundown?

Hi Folks,

I`am Dany from Germany. Sorry for my bad English, but i will do my best!

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD4026FWD-A 2MP and i am very happy with it. My only problem is the switch between day and night. No matter how I set it, it does not switch automatically. There is apparently enough light available but the B/W Picture is a little bit better.

I would like to switch this to the sunset or sunrise without any Software.

Someone an idea how i could realize this?

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_506_i5564.html

cu

Dany

Hey Dany,

please give us some time to answer...

What Firmware Version of your Hikvision you are using?

Edit:

A quick look in the manual of the camera you will find on page 74 that you can setup an Schedule Trigger for the day and night switch. Take a look in the manual. If you have further questions dont hesitate to contact me. Im also from Germany so i can explain it in german if there some misunderstanding. Just write a PN.

Hey Dany,

please give us some time to answer...

I thought a month would be enough (Jun 29)! ; -)

What Firmware Version of your Hikvision you are using?

V5.4.5 build 170228

A quick look in the manual of the camera you will find on page 74 that you can setup an Schedule Trigger for the day and night switch. Take a look in the manual. If you have further questions dont hesitate to contact me. Im also from Germany so i can explain it in german if there some misunderstanding. Just write a PN.

The Problem is, that the Cam stay in the Day/Color-Mode all the time. There is probably enough light available but i want it to change to Night in the darker Hours. Some Users use the Blue-Iris Software to handle this.

cu

Dany

Like i said, the manual describes how you can do that with a schedule. Read the manual! You can set a time to switch to day and a time to switch to night mode. Problem solved!

thats true, there was some http api in the past to control the cameras but hikvision stopped to support it.

did you play a little with the sensitivity of day/night switch

the other thing is to change maybe the position of the camera that the sensor dont get to much light to stay in color mode.

thats true, there was some http api in the past to control the cameras but hikvision stopped to support it.

And now?

did you play a little with the sensitivity of day/night switch

Yes, the Cam stay in Day-Mode all the Time.

the other thing is to change maybe the position of the camera that the sensor dont get to much light to stay in color mode.

No Chance...

cu

Dany