adamxp12

xProtect and camera side motion detection

Ok so I have been scrtaching my head for past few hours on this and I am hoping someone here has a better idea (would ask on xprotect forum but they shut it down...)

Running xprotect essential+ 2017 R2 and its been hit and miss. my front door camera is a panasonic dome and xprotect wont do camera side motion detection but server side is fine and recording good.

I then have 2 Axis video encoders hooked up to analogue cameras one static just until I get a new HD camera up and one ptz which will stay a PTZ as IP PTZ cameras are crazy expensive.

the problem is with the static one. got a motion detection zone in the encoder (Axis 241s if it helps) and when used with another peice of NVR software (March Networks Command Lite) it worked flawlessly

So imaginge my surprise when I go to xprotect add the camera, disable server side motion detection and add the events for motion start and motion stop and... absolutly nothing

in the event settings on the cameras web interface I can see xprotect has added a server with its IP and 2 events for motion start and stop and looking in the encoder log files I can even see the events triggering

but nothing on the xprotect playback screen. I have the default on motion start rule enabled so I assume either essential+ does not support this (makes you wonder why I can select it) or something is horribly broken here. clean install on a empty windows 7 VM so I highly doubt its a installation issue. event server is running and with nothing suspicious in the log file.

Also if this helps the Output terminals on the encoders will not switch, I add them into xprotect and try clicking them in the management client and it stays gray and does not activate so that might be connected.

Also would love to know how to do continuous recording with the abbility to go through the timeline and select motion events as recording only on motion in my eyes is stupid as you could miss vital footage and how can I explain to the police "oh the crook moved out the motion zone so it didnt record"

Would love some help from someone who knows xprotect inside and out. getting better at it and I do like it more than last time I tried it but if I cant fix the camera side motion detection then I will have to ditch it.