Sign in to follow this  
Bluzman23

Need help with Joystick Controller info

Hi,

I have an LTS NVR LTN8716-P8, which is 16 channel with a 8 channel POE switch built in.

I have just ordered a SUNBA 405-D20x PTZ cam, I know I will be able to control the camera from the NVR or Computer, but wondering if anyone knows since my system is fully IP based, can I use a USB CCTV joystick controller connected to the NVR or any fully IP based controller they recommend. I found one online but it was double the price of the camera. I have an old RS485 joystick from my previous system , but not sure if there is anyway to use that. I'm thinking no, since my new camera locations have a single cat 5 to each, and the new cam has no 485 wires on it .

any help would be great, This is my own system and I enjoy learning and toying with it, I am an electrician by trade so I have some knowledge of the stuff but need some experts here to help guide me on this one. Thanks in advance

I think no.

The USB controller is most likely used in combination with PC and PC software and I doubt the USB controller will work with the NVR.

RS-485 controllers are mostly for analog cameras.

Most analog DVRs har RS-485 input/output, but I seriously doubt the NVR has it.