alexf40

Updating Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows what update version is safe for me to update to?

I'm currently using v3.0.10, and quite a few times something has happened which has caused my HDD to lose initialisation. I'm then unable to format it in the NVR and have to take it out and reformat it. I've ran the WD health scan and there are no issues with the drive which makes me feel there's a bug with the NVR causing this.

I've noticed there is a new release V3.4.95 build170626 on the Europe website but not sure if I can update to this, as I bought my NVR from Aliexpress a few years ago.

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Product%20Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1%28E2%29%207700NI-E4

The serial number has letters AARRxxxxxxxxxWCVU so I'm not sure if it's region coded or safe to update with English software etc. It's currently in English but I have no idea if it was hacked.

Thanks for your help.

If you read the release notes of the newest update you will see that your nvr is supported to be updated. Just save the configuration over the browser and try to update. Of course it can happen that you brick your device. Maybe you do the update step by step.

I updated a lot of hikvision dvr and had never a problem.

The thing that you mentioned with hdd can be a hardware problem with nvr but also a software one. Just try it

Thanks, I know the model is supported but I don't know about the English firmware. Using the wrong language firmware is very likely to brick it. This is what I'm trying to find out as I don't know if mine is genuine worldwide model or if it's been hacked.

If you take a look at the actual firmware name "NVR_K41_BL_EN_STD_V3.4.95_170626" the EN means Englisch Language. The other file "NVR_K41_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.95_170626" ML stands for Multilanguage. If you try it with the EN Version you cant do something wrong.

With the Hikvision cameras, installing a different language firmware update e.g English on a Chinese camera will brick it. Hikvision have done this to stop people buying their cameras cheaper from China.

This is what I'm concerned with, I purchased the NVR from Aliexpress years ago and I don't know if it is a Worldwide or Chinese product. The cameras I have from the same seller are a mix of both.

Are the NVRs not region locked so to speak?

I bought a lot of NVR from Aliexpress and updated them every time to the newest firmware. No Problems at all. But of course i dont want that you brick your device.

A short history of Hikvision. Its part of their worldwide success to sell these things through aliexpress because that was the fastest way to make money out of china. Because people like you and me could buy these devices instead of going to our local dealer which has to be a partner of hikvision first and put their fees on the price.

I bought a lot of NVR from Aliexpress and updated them every time to the newest firmware. No Problems at all. But of course i dont want that you brick your device.

A short history of Hikvision. Its part of their worldwide success to sell these things through aliexpress because that was the fastest way to make money out of china. Because people like you and me could buy these devices instead of going to our local dealer which has to be a partner of hikvision first and put their fees on the price.

Whaaaaaaat?????

http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/about_10677.html

Unauthorized Distributors Notice

Hikvision USA sells products only through authorized distributors. We value our industry partners and are proud of the relationships we have developed to help expand the use of our innovative technology products and solutions. These authorized distributors have committed to serve as a link in the Hikvision USA value chain by providing excellent pre- and post-sale customer service including full firmware and sales engineering support.

Unfortunately, not every distributor advertising Hikvision products has been authorized by Hikvision USA to advertise or sell those products. We warn potential customers against purchasing these “gray market” products from unauthorized distributors. Unauthorized distributors may be selling counterfeit, used, or damaged product. Much of the products sold by unauthorized distributors have been altered with modified firmware. Since this means that it is no longer in original factory condition, Hikvision warranty is void, per company policy.

Thats just bla bla...

Of course you dont have any warranty if you buy it on ebay, amazon or aliexpress. but a lot of people dont care about because the price is much better

Read this...

https://www.2mcctv.com/blog/2017_05_15-hikvision-top-rated-yet-most-hated-security-camera-manufacturer-why/

Buying one camera .... people might not care about warranty ..... buy 8-16 ..... turns out to be a big waste of money.

Gray market hik .... will now give problems with new security put into place

I still haven't dared update as I still can't find out if I have a Chinese specific NVR or not. Western Digital are going to replace the hard drive in case it's a hardware fault, looks like the firmware update will be next if I get the same issue with the new drive.

I bought a DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR and a DS-2DE3304W-DE camera on aliexpress. The delivery time was good (less than 2 weeks) and the product was what I ordered. Unfortunately, I am now having a problem with camera and the seller I dealt with is providing NO AFTER SALES SUPPORT. I tried contacting Hikvision first regarding the problem I am having with the camera (the backup config feature does not work). Hikvision told me they do not support their products unless they are purchased from an authorized distributer and that I should contact the seller. I documented the problem and sent a message to the seller, Eagle Vision Security (contact Eleven Ye) and they do not respond to my messages. I have asked them 5 times over the past 32 days to please respond to my message - and I get NO RESPONSE. So this is a warning to all users thinking of buying cctv equipment from Eagle Vision Security - DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. After the sale has been made they basically wash their hands and you no longer exist to them. Luckily my order with them was small and I will be placing my main order with another seller.

Just an FYI, I took the risk and gave it a try, and I can confirm that V3.4.96 works with CH cams (V5.2.0).

• Like 1

alexf40, I have the same box and am in the same situation you are in. Thanks for posting the question.

Q: Did you load the firmware in steps or did you just load the recent firmware you mentioned? Also, did you get the firmware from the US or European site? Thanks

On 1/19/2019 at 2:25 PM, proxybox said:

alexf40, I have the same box and am in the same situation you are in. Thanks for posting the question.

Q: Did you load the firmware in steps or did you just load the recent firmware you mentioned? Also, did you get the firmware from the US or European site? Thanks

Hi, I uploaded to the most recent version I could find, I managed to upload directly and didn't need any intermidiate firmware. Sorry I don't remember which site I downlaoded from.

• Like 1

Nice! I appreciate your help. I did the same from the hikvisioneurope site and downloaded v 3.4.80 build 160718. It's the oldest of the set. Now I'll upload the latest. So far so good. I uploaded from the web gui.

I working in a company which provides security and surveillance solutions... I know one of my colleagues who is a CCTV technician and handles queries a lot regarding security cameras. So he recommends the Hinkvision brand to most of the customers. The company provides CCTV camera in Karachi and other cities in PAKISTAN also. I believe you can try this if you are looking for reliability.