ndr01

Swann NVR8-7085 - Camera quality

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this system.

I have a Swann NVR8-7085 which has the 4 x 720p cameras that came with it, and I have since upgraded the firmware Swann provide to enable to system to use the 1080p cameras.

My query is regarding what I'm getting as picture quality. I would have expected to have been able to zoom in to at least read a number plate, or recognise a face, and this is certainly not possible.

I have attached 2 JPG's that shows the quality of images i am getting.

Anyone any ideas... or am I just expecting too much from a basic system. It that is the case... what would by my cheapest option to improve this?

Many thanks

Neil

1729086125_SWANNNVR8-7085PictureSamples_Page_1.thumb.jpg.e2fd0a263a2cdc8f808a4069387d518a.jpg

1061861776_SWANNNVR8-7085PictureSamples_Page_2.thumb.jpg.25c85130824587cc813ce5fe0f20f73b.jpg

Hi. Are you based in the UK ..... And what type of business is it.

Please don't listen to Swann ..... You can't have software to change NVR from 720 to 1080.

Making a 1080 NVR that when sold is only 720 makes no sence at all. If it could be 1080 they would sell at 1080.

If you are a licensed premises then that Swann is no good for you

Yes in the UK. We are a B&B.

Swann released a firmware update for the 7085.

This is the release info...

NVRx-7085 / NVRx-7285 Firmware Release (GA3.1)

Last Updated: Jun 20, 2017 08:50AM AEST

Comments Beta now available at the bottom of the article. Leave your feedback/comments for this article.

A new firmware release for the 7085/7285 series of recorders is now available.

This release increases the camera compatibility to include selected 1080P cameras (NHD-810 Bullet, NHD-811 Dome, NHD-817PTZ). Playback compatibility with the phone apps is increased with recording now enabled for the internet stream to enable smooth playback over normal internet connections.

Can you post picture how you configure the cameras, because the quality looks really bad even the 720P....

Hi cctvnerd

Apologies for my delay in replying, I'm very interested to hear your thoughts on our problem. Unfortunately I don't have a monitor attached to the unit at present, so have been unable to get the info you requested. I will do so as soon as I can, and send it over.

Thanks

N