HeadsUp

Blue Iris and PTZ compatibility

Does anyone have a link to compatibility tables for network PTZ cameras with Blue Iris other than their website ?

The Blue Iris website does have a list of products and brands but its very incomplete and it mentions in places that PTZ may not work with some cameras.

Blue iris offer a trial version but thats not helping me choose which cameras to buy.

I would like to get a couple of auto tracking motion detect PTZ domes so they can be programmed to zoom in on anything that moves , auto focus , hold the shot or follow the target for a few seconds and then move back to wide angle shot until the next motion event.

I also have vivotek FD8164 , Hikvision DS-2CD1141-I and DS-2CD2142FWD-I cameras to use on the same system.

Has anyone used auto tracking PTZ with Blue iris and advise of issues , or advise which PTZ dont work ?

Next question , will Blue Iris allow motion detect to work with all brands of camera ? , i have previously tried vivotek FD8164 cameras through a POE switch on to a Hikvision 7616 NVR but found that motion detect and VCA wont work on the NVR despite both devices claiming ONVIF compatibility.