psycik

Dahua IPC-HFW4421B - responds to ping, no web

I've got a camera that go itself a bit broken. I just stopped working. I started a reset on it, but it seems to have busted.

Its ex chinese/aliexpress. It's currently responding to ping at 192.168.1.108, and I can telnet into it with root/vizxv

I've seen some detail in https://www.videosecur.com/downloads/allgemein/Dahua/DAHUA%20IP%20Camera%20Recovery%20v1.0.pdf about running the upgraded script, and I can see that going. Then when I try the config tool to login on port 3800 I see in the telnet console:

Can't Open /mnt/mtd/Config/passwd

Can't Open /mnt/mtd/Config/Account1, will use system password

Account not exists.

This is with admin/admin in the configtool.

I seem to have a machine that I can talk to it at will, so could add a tftp server if needed. Or can I push the an updated firmware at it to reset it?

Pressing the reset button, doesn't seem to help me at all.

Any help is welcome.

so I 've tried pushing over an Account1 file with a known admin password (but it's not admin/admin). But this gets me an incorect password error in the upgraded console (via telnet). I was hoping that I could force the configtool upgrade on 3800.

No amount of resetting seems to get my accounts back, and no options seem to work in config tool for entering.

Can I put over a bin file and perform an upgrade from the camera side instead on via config tool?