Sign in to follow this  
Jabba2005

Newbie needing help..re: IP CAM and PC recording

Hi Ladies and Gents, hope you are all having a great day and in a helpful mood.

I have purchased a Lorex by Flir LNB3143RP HD IP Camera, i was wanting to record the 1080p footage onto my PC HDD.

I downloaded an program called Ispy and it found my camera but recordings and viewing is not 1080p as i use a 1080p monitor and its pixelated, ive noticed its running 10fps if that helps.

It goes through from the Camera to a TP-Link SF100P (POE Switch) into a hub which is 10/100/1000 into my pc all wired, am i doing something wrong here my PC is a i7 7700k with 16gb ram and even an RX480 8gb so pretty sure thats overkill tbh.

Any help is appreciated as i want to record footage at 1080p whether motion or constant i dont mind as i have a 2Tb HDD in PC aswell as an M.2.

I think it might be a Software issue personaly but you guys and gals are the gurus in my mind.

Andy

From a UK store called Maplin, for around £50 i have it working now through Sighthound withing last 5 mins and its alot better quality and i did see something in settings that it was using ONVIF?

From a UK store called Maplin, for around £50 i have it working now through Sighthound withing last 5 mins and its alot better quality and i did see something in settings that it was using ONVIF?

That explains it maplins B grade ...... End of line ...... Lorex finning he'd it in late 2015.

Why have you chosen to use sighthound and not use the free software that is will the camera

other software for some reason wouldnt let me view or record in HD where as this one has.

The software on the camera will and would not cost you the $60 when your demo runs out