OldNick

Sinocam 1MP Wifi camera connect to router?

HI. I am trying to set up a SZSinocam as a remotely-monitored security camera, which requires that I first connect to a WiFi router then use that to let me monitor over the Web.

In order to set up the camera, I have to enter the UID and the IP address.

I have managed to access video directly from the camera to my Android tablet, using an app called CamHi, suggested by the Szsinocam people. This was by actually connecting to the camera direct as one available network on my house, having disconnected from my main router.

I have also been able to monitor the camera direct, but via my browser, using the IP address of the camera.

But then, having connected direct to the camera, I go to the WiFi settings ...within the CamHi app...and provide my main router password in order to log the camera in. CamHi says "Connection successful". The camera disappears as an available network. But I am unable to access the camera via a browser, through the main router. I dl'd an app called Fing, which shows all devices connected to my main router. The seven devices that are normally connected: phones, tablets, PCs etc, all show, along with their IP and MAC Addresses. Not the camera.

Can anyone advise me? Should I cable connect to the router to initiate the camera connection? I ask because IF I have the right cable, I am going to have to search for it, or if not, go and buy one.

Thanks for any help.

Nick

Maybe your camera is connected to the wifi but dont get any ip address from the main router. normally this happens when the camera has a static ip address to get configured with an app.

when you connect your camera to your main router take a look at the ip settings of the camera. the camera should be set to dhcp to get a ip from the router.

Thanks for the reply!

This sounds like a very likely lead. The trouble is the app I am using to set up the camera (the one supported by the camera company) does not AFAICS provide any opportunity to check IP settings. I bought these on the terms that they were a simple install, with no need to worry about settings. The app is supposed to do it all. So my knolwedge oif how to check and change all that stuff is pretty limited and mostly stale.

N ick

you wrote in your first post that you was able to connect to the camera via the browser.

is maybe there some options where you can check the ip settings?

Urrk! You were correct. The browser version does allow settings. But I have been presented with a "wealth of choices" and I have no idea where to start, let alone what settings to use..

Nick

hmmm...using some supplied software I was finally able to stumble around and see the camera via the router in my home. However the software is very lazily written and I am struggling.

Is there some free-cheap PC software that will allow me to set up a system of cameras?

Nick