Sign in to follow this  
thmaxxer

Major Issues Swann/Hik integration debacle

Man did I get myself in deep. Let me start off by saying I know just enough to get myself in big trouble. So I got my 4K HIK NVR today and decided to see if the Swann cams were compatible. Plugged them all in and I was good to go! Super happy about that. I then proceeded to change the password on the NVR to something a little more difficult, and it asked me if I wanted to apply the password to all connected cameras, so I did. BIG mistake. Then I hooked up my PTZ mini Hik. It didn't come up so I rebooted. Long story short all my new Swann turrets are now locked. I try and log in using the IP that shows up under camera config, no luck. Once I was able get to the login screen on one of them, I tried the passcode I set and the default - didn't work. So not only do I not know the IP anymore of these newer cams, I don't know the passcode.

Not to fear, I still have my 4K Swann NVR. I thought, Ill just plug them back into the Swann and they will all be happy again and work. Nope, not one works.

My only conclusion that I have come to is to re-flash the firmware, but I can't do that if I have no idea what the ip is or the password to log into it to get to the firmware page. Any other suggestions?

I did, and I can see the cams IP now through that tool. The HIK NVR must have done something to the Swann cams because when the cams were hooked up to the Swann NVR they wouldn't show up in that tool.

Now my issue is figuring out how to get around the password issue on the affected swann cams. When I set the NVR to match the ip of the camera, it connects, but no stream because the cam needs a password.

So I got everything working together finally! I had to use the back door HIK password reset tool built by a user on here (Thank you!!!!) and was able to reset the Swann cams back to a default state, but they still had the HIK system in them, because the SADP tool completely controlled them. Very strange. Nonetheless, It is all working well now and I am a happy camper with my 4K 16 ch HIK NVR and 14 Swann turret cams and 2 HIK mini PTZ's.