nickmcdoug

network switch to hikvision nvr

i have a hikvision DS7732NI-E4/16P and want to run one cat5 to a network switch to pick up 8 cameras, can the network switch be connected and configured to one of the poe ports on the nvr rather than connecting it to my lan and picking them up that way, so as to minimise traffic on my network as we already run an ip phone system.

thanks

nick

No. Each POE port is for only one channel/camera.

Yes, you can (without PoE)

Really? You can connect a switch to one of the POE ports, add several cameras, and then add them by hand to other channels?

if i plug the network switch into one of the poe ports then go into camera management, the nvr seems to recognise this and switches off the poe on that port, if i then connect one camera to the switch i can find that camera through the switch either on plug and play or manual add on that ports designated channel on the nvr.

however when i connect more cameras to the switch i can only find them on manual if i select one of the other 16 poe port spaces they do not come up when manual adding to one of the other spare non poe port channels (ie 17-32).

it also seems that if any part of the system is powered down nvr,switch or camera then the cameras attached to the switch loose their setting and no longer show as being connected to the nvr.

thanks nick

No. Each POE port is for only one channel/camera.

Yes, you can (without PoE)

Really? You can connect a switch to one of the POE ports, add several cameras, and then add them by hand to other channels?

Yes

You can also connect the LAN port of the DVR to a network POE switch and attach cameras that way. The NVR doesn't care which network the cameras are on. You don't have to use the built in switch if it's not practical.

if i plug the network switch into one of the poe ports then go into camera management, the nvr seems to recognise this and switches off the poe on that port, if i then connect one camera to the switch i can find that camera through the switch either on plug and play or manual add on that ports designated channel on the nvr.

however when i connect more cameras to the switch i can only find them on manual if i select one of the other 16 poe port spaces they do not come up when manual adding to one of the other spare non poe port channels (ie 17-32).

it also seems that if any part of the system is powered down nvr,switch or camera then the cameras attached to the switch loose their setting and no longer show as being connected to the nvr.

thanks nick

How did You manage to find the other cameras in the external Poe switch?

On my case I have 16 channel Hikvision NVR with 8 Poe ports and I need to get 7 cameras from the other building to connect to the NVR. I set up Poe switch and added cameras on the other building and run cat cable from switch to the NVR and inserted to the last Poe port (ch . NVR shows that the Power in Poe port is disabled and it can find one camera on the external switch by Plug n Play mode. I can manually add any of the cameras from the external switch into the 8th port (channel) at the NVR but I'm not able to add multiple cameras from External switch. I'l try to add them to the ports 9-16 but they just do not connect.

I use the same subnetwork for cameras as NVR inner network (192.168.3.xxx).

What do I do wrong?

Using NVR's LAN port for External switch is not option today cause Cameras need to be separated from local network and only NVR acess is allowed from LAN.

I assume you have probably figured this out by now but I was able to successfully configure 3 HIKVision cameras off 1 single port on the HIKVision NVR. We have an uplink cable from the NVR to a small POE TP-Link switch where 3 cameras are plugged in. I used the HikVision SADP tool to scan the network for cameras to determine they were indeed getting IP addresses from the NVR. In order to see these cameras from a laptop you must manually configure your ethernet adapter to be on the same network as the hikvision in my case it was 192.168.254.x. The port on the NVR "Adding Method" was configured to Plug-and-Play but I had an issue....the 3 cameras changed IP addresses ever 30 seconds. To fix this I changed the adding method to manual mode on the uplink port and the IP addresses stopped changing. These 3 cameras were accessible by web browser on the laptop which was plugged into the NVR and I manually added these cameras to available channels on the NVR with the IP addresses that I discovered with SADP.