oh6hfx

Zavio with Dahua NVR = auto exposure does not work anymore

I have a client who has Zavio B5110 and B5210 cameras. There was NAS storage for them but it was difficult to use and sometimes offline, so I decided to put

a Dahua NVR4104-P there. I knew it would work as I have myself B5110 connected to my NVR4116 and in past I had one B5210 also.

And basically it works fine. I can see live video from both cameras and even motion detection in B5210 works.

But something happens when B5210 is connected to NVR. It seems to lose its ability to adjust the shutter automatically. This shows especially in the evening,

when it gets dark, camera does not slower the shutter and that results black picture. Probably camera turns IR on but if shutter stays 1/1000 on dark the picture is black.

Same thing in the morning. If camera has been rebooted in the dark and shutter is - to say maybe 1/25 or 1/50, the picture gets white when sun rises. When camera is in

this state the shutter does not change automatically according to limits that has been set. However, it changes when I change the limit. Automatic behaviour returns

after reboot and I assume it adjusts the shutter for some time and and certain point it does not work anymore.

When camera was not connected to NVR there was not this problem. I have tested also registering camera in Dahua NVR different ways, with ONVIF and RTSP but

nothing helps.

I remember now also that I had a same problem with my own B5210 when connected to NVR, but it happened more randomly, not necessarily every day.

So this seems to be somekind of compatibility problem with Dahua NVRs and B5210 model at least.

I have gone thru almost all settings that affect on picture but nothing helps. Any ideas?

Seems I have same problem with my Zavio B7210 cameras.

It was connected to server with Zavio CamGraba software installed, but server goes to service and I putted B7210 to QNAP VS-6020 Pro.

Now auto exposure hangs randomly, usually at morning in my case and cameras send "white picture".

I noticed a new thing about this problem.

In clients system there was two Zavio cameras (B5110 and B5210) and B5210 was suffering from auto exposure problem.

In winter B5110 broke and was not providing video stream to Dahua NVR (4104) anymore. After that (when B5210 was the only camera connected)

there was no exposure problem anymore. Because hard winter and difficulties to reach the site it was like that for about 2 months and no exposure problem at all!

Last week I replaced the broken B5110 with Hiwatch DS-230. This morning noticed that exposure problem is back.

So it seems that if there is any other camera connected with B5210 something is messed with exposure adjust...