WFS-Serv

PTZ Auto Track PC Software for IP PTZ Camera?

Hi, just curious about this one. I have an Alteq PTZ Camera that's a couple of years old on the corner of my home. I'm not sure what the model number is, but its a 2MP 18x Zoom IP Onvif 2.0 PTZ Camera. It doesn't have Auto Tracking built in, it only has Cruise, Auto Pan and Pattern functions. At the moment I have a couple of fixed IP cameras fitted close by, they have been set up to trigger PTZ presets when motion is detected on my Technomate NVR. The setup works OK, but I have always wanted to be able to auto track. Does any PC software exist that can simulate auto tracking and take control of the PTZ functions? Surely there must be something but I'm struggling to find what I need. Many thanks

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread but i have a similar problem as well. i have a ptz camera and it does support presets but doesn't have an option to patrol between them. I have a hikvision NVR and i can set the presets using the nvr(in addition to the camera's web app) but when i try to set a petrol path in ivms, it just gives me an error.

So i want to know if there is a way to add the patrol/cruise function to the camera. I believe it should be fairly simple for the nvr to do it since it can add the presets and call them. But when it comes to patrol it just doesn't work which makes me think if the nvr just manipulate the settings already there on the camera and doesn't actually store the commands.

Please help.