stourstew

Motion sensor picture timer

Hi guys,

So im using a hikvision hiwatch ipc-d120 poe camera to view my front door and onto a communal door so i can see who comes and goes through this door into our area by front door.

My camera is connected via poe directly to my router where i can watch from my pc its not connected to any recorder in addition to this im using hikconnect software on my phone so i can view when away from home with the motion sensor set all times so if anyone comes to my front door it takes a picture on my phone software.

The issue im having is the motion sensor is taking the picture to soon so as the door starts to open it takes the picture sao does not capture who is coming through the door then it seems it only takes 1 picture per minute so anyone is gone by then is there any way i can make these pictures take later or more constantly like as in every 10 seconds or something im stumped

When you go into the configuration, in storage there is an option to select the timing of post record. That should allow the camera to record for longer in case of an event

That wont work mate as I said my camera is not connected to a recorder just straight to my pc the pics get taken by the kic connect software on my phone via the motion sensor being enabled i have no recorder connected

ive been onto the software on my pc and what you suggest does nothing tbh as its all based around recording and mine does not have a recorder thats the only configuration i can get into no other way to change any camera settings that im aware of