Sign in to follow this  
jerry007

Floureon 7" IP Dome PTZ Not working at Night

A few days ago I bought this Floureon 7" PTZ dome http://www.floureon.com/product-g_252.html

I was on the look for finding a PTZ dome to install on the roof of my small business. I didn't actually need a camera that big but it was on a flash sale -must empty our warehouses- kind of event and the price was ridiculously cheap and I had to have it.

Took it back home and assembled it - it was bigger than I thought. I was impressed. Yesterday I installed it on the roof, it worked perfectly through CMS and the Cloud smart phone app (Cloudlens) was a complete mess. Since the camera has ONVIF support I decided to skip Cloudlens and operate it with a different app connecting remotely with a DDNS hostname.

The camera worked normally in the morning and I could control the PTZ functions using CMS and having connected using the camera's local IP. I was struggling to setup DDNS on my router in order to be able to remotely access the camera (the struggle was on the router side of things). In the evening I finally managed to setup DDNS and access the camera's web interface from outside the network. SUCCESS! I was so psyched that I could finally fool around with it from the comfort of my couch. That's when it started behaving abnormally.

The camera doesn't respond to PTZ commands. It does this loop over and over: It points to a parking lot in front of the building for a couple of seconds, then it swiftly pans 180 degrees and starts tilting up. I think that this loop is triggered by the ptz commands whenever I'm connected.

304335_1.jpg

Then this appears:

304335_1.png

I tried connecting with CMS from PC and tinyCam from my phone. The camera's web interface works and I tried performing a factory reset but it didn't change anything. Gentlemen, any clues?

--UPDATE--

Just noticed the LOG page in the camera's web interface.

This message appears quite a lot: PHY Feign Death, Reset.

304335_2.png

-- UPDATE 2--

Tested the camera again in the daylight and it worked perfectly!

I come to the conclusion that it has to do with power issues. The problem seems to appear at night when these power hungry IR leds turn on.

I'm going to try connecting the power supply unit directly to the camera tomorrow and see how that works out. Maybe there's a problem with the POE adapters I'm using to connect the camera to the power supply and modem.

-- UPDATE 3 --

Night falls in Palermo and my PTZ is still not working properly.

I abandoned the POE solution and plugged the camera with a CAT6 cable directly to the router. Then I used one of the typical 60ft Power and BNC cables that are supplied with bullet cameras to connect the camera with it's power supply. Still no go, having the same problems.

The camera manufacturer spec sheet says that the camera consumes >3W at day and >12W at night. Do you know how much power a 60ft BNC cable can handle?

I should also note that the camera's power supply is connected to a 850VA UPS along with the following devices: 1x 8 channel DVR with hard drive, 4x bullet ahd 2mp cameras and the Modem/Router.

Next thing I'm trying is using an extension cord to bring the power supply next to the camera and connect it directly. It's going to be a long night...

Hi. Your post is confusing

You have a link to a IP PTZ ......... But you talk about BNC cable you also say about AHD cameras.

Does your recorder accept IP cameras ?

BNC cable ...... Are you just using the power side of the pre made BNC cables you get with kit systems ?

What make is your recorder?

How far is your PTZ from recorder and what type of Poe did you use

Thank you for your response. There is a DVR with 4 AHD cameras installed in the building as well as the IP PTZ.

The only common thing about these two systems is that they are hooked into the same UPS and the same internet connection. The PTZ works standalone and is not connected to the DVR.

In the first setup I did for the PTZ I used these type of splitters to run data and power through a single 50ft cat6 cable over to the router and power supply of the camera. The camera did not work at night

https://www.cctvcamerapros.com/v/vspfiles/photos/POE-PA2-2.jpg

Are you just using the power side of the pre made BNC cables you get with kit systems ?
Exactly

In my effort to see if the lack of power through POE was causing this problem I used this type of cable to connect the camera's power input to it's power supply (it's a 60ft cable that came with the bullet cameras of the DVR mentioned above).

http://www.securtronics.net/assets/images/BNC%20-%20BNC%20Cable%20Image.jpg

For data I connected the cat6 from the router straight on the camera's rj45 port.

The camera is around 50 feet from where the router and the power supply is.

Hello. Just a quick update to let you know that the problem is solved.

Replaced the cat6 with a 0.75 flex cable and now the camera works flawlessly day and night.

Thanks for the help!