CalifLove

Geovision NVR software PC Spec

Hello,

I currently run a warehouse where we are in the process of moving. We currently own an existing Geovision setup consisting of MD120 and BX140 cameras(about 5 years old now). We're running Geovision NVR software on a built PC (Win10, I5, 1GB Ram, on-board video with 2 1TB drives) and performance is fine. I am concerned that running up to a total of 12 cameras on the new system may tax the current system so have already specced an upgrade to an I7 with dedicated video (GTX 1060 6GB), 16gig ram with larger hdd's for the video streams - at least 2 but likely 4 surveillance models.

I am looking for confirmation that the above gen spec of the new PC will be sufficient for h.265 decoding(for the new cams) with the CPU dealing with h.264 for the old cameras. I am also not clear on how well GV NVR can deal with the mix of cameras/codecs?

Any help is appreciated - thanks and happy new year!

look on the geovision website. They have detailed specks or what type of hardware to use with their systems.

I think more importantly they tell you what not to use. I would upgrade to the latest nvr release as it is free.