Gringo Star

Need advice for monitoring pregnant mare in barn

In May, my mare will be giving birth to another foal. I need to find a way to keep an eye on her while I am at my job. Last year I didn't have any luck putting a monitoring system together, so I am turning to you for help. Two years ago, the foal died and the mare almost died due to complications when she was giving birth while I was at work. This is need, not want.

My barn is 200 feet from my house so last year I bought an infrared IP camera, a range extender and a wireless router but had no luck. My router would only recognize the camera when it was hardwired in. There is no button on my router to press as their instruction says. My ISP directed me to hardwire it with 250 feet of Cat4 cable and they would not replace the 2011 router. We only have one ISP who serves our area.

Any help/guidance would be very helpful. Thanks.

The most effective way would be to use a set of Ubiquity NBE-M5-16 (Nanobridge) units to backhaul your IP camera.

The camera would need to be powered with a POE injector and could be hard wired between the LAN ports of the POE injector of the Nanobridge and the camera POE injector.

On the other end it would wire directly to your NVR or Router / Switch.

I'm using them at a resort and have a few 1000' links, backhauling both RV Park WiFi and IP cameras. It's extremely dependable. We also have a customer who uses this system to monitor his Zebras.

I believe you can buy pre-configured sets.PM me if you need info on where to buy.

PS- I have no affiliation with the sellers I would recommend, and would not profit from the transaction.