koolmer

Avigilon Unusual Motion Detection (UMD)

Hi All,

Avigilon recently came out with their UMD. I have a client who seems to think this will solve a lot of his problems, give alarms before something happens and thereby prevent vandalism and such.

I haven't used Avigilon much (only some test setups) and I am not certain how good video analytics is at this point. Does anybody have experience with UMD? Is this worth the upgrade and the increased Avigilon prices?

Thanks!

koolmer

Currently UMD is for making the process of reviewing video much more efficient and not alarming on an unusual event.

The H4A analytic cameras will support either object detection or UMD but, not both at the same time.

The analytics definitely work and would be used for perimeter detection and alarming for sure but, if you aren't

going to program the analytics and be proactive about it then UMD could be turned on and the camera will learn it's scene

over the course of 1-2 weeks then when reviewing video instead of looking at lots of different motion events on the timeline

you can filter the timeline to show just unusual events based on direction,speed,location.

there's a youtube video on umd.

Thank you! Yeah the marketing material is a bit misleading in that regard. Some of it can give the idea that UMD can be used proactively.

This makes sense and definitely helps me.