aviti

Replace existing Swann NVR-8-7085 with 16 Channel ?HikVision

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice.

We currently have a Swann NVR-8-7085 which is now full (8 cameras).

I have a range of Swann cameras connected to the system, NHD-805, NHD-806, NHD-810, NHD-811, NHD-817.

In the future I would like to be able to add cameras of a higher resolution, and I'm looking to see if there is a better solution than going for the SWANN 16 channel device.

I've seen the following HiWatch by HIKVision CCTV NVR-216M-A/8P 16 Channel 6MP IP Network NVR Recorder, H.264+ which looks to be a good price. Can anyone advise if my existing cameras will work with this NVR.

Also does anyone have any experience of this device ? Is this a good one to go for, or is there a better option.

Thanks for your help.

Neil

Hi. The Swann you have is better than the hi watch

16 channel at D1 ..... is pointless. That means lowering you cameras from 1080 to D1

It only does 6 channel at 1080p

Look at something else besides the hiwatch systems

Thanks for getting back to me.... I'm slightly confused now, as I thought the spec of the HikVision was able to record up to 6MP ?.. so higher than any of my existing cameras?

Would you have any advise as to what would be a good NVR to look at as a replacement (That will work with the existing cameras for now)

THanks

Hi. It depends how you look at the spec

You need to look at capability of the 16 way

16 cameras at res D1 ..... or 12 cameras at 720p or 6 cameras at 1080p

Your existing cameras

Swann did at one stage lock there cameras to only use on there system

They are hikvision cameras you have but you will need to check how open they are...... you can do this by removing them from your recorder and connecting one direct to your router and see if you can get into the camera via your web browser