Sign in to follow this  
wassa786

RV Park CCTV system?

Anyone setup security cameras for an RV park before?

What did you use and how many cameras?

I need approximately 32-40 cameras. The RV Park has a large clubhouse which will need minimum of 16-24 cameras indoors/outdoors and the rest will be throughout the park.

I'm liking Ubiquiti cameras since they have audio built-in and 1080P @30fps (the UI is really convenient) - I don't like that fact that the software is not ONVIF compatible so if I wanted to tie in a LicPlateRecog Camera, it would have to be standalone or something.

Since I have an ONVIF compatible NVR currently, I was thinking of using that for the LPR cameras and the rest be on the PC-based NVR.

Thoughts?

Not fan of ubiquity cameras I have used them but you will find they are expensive, low reslution for the money. do not have working sd card slots and In my experience really difficult to work with another NVR other than their software. Their mini NVR has no video out. I do think their wireless stuff is great but would stay away from the cameras. Check your state and local laws on audio recording as this could get you into trouble as audio recording is looked at differently than video recording.

I think I have also decided not to go with ubiquiti and just go with the standard ONVIF HD cameras - what do you guys recommend for a large system?

Also, any input on a good VMS for the PC? Currently just using my random chinese H265 NVR....supports 32ch @960p