SLOWBRA

Hikvision camera compatibility with the SWANN NVR16-7200?

I've been struggling to get a Hikvision IP Camera DS-2CD2142FWD-IS to work with my Swann NVR16-7200 system.

Any thoughts if this should work and/or suggestions on what to try to make it work. Below is a list of what I have tried.

It's worth noting that over the years I added one Hikvision 2CD2132-I and two 2CD2032-I cameras to this Swann system. Unfortunately, I can't remember what I had to do to make them work, if any thing specific.

I'm still in the return period and, if I can't make this camera work, I'll look harder for the older 2CD2132-I. I chose the DS-2CD2142FWD-IS since it was a 4MP and easily available thinking it should work.

Things I've done:

1. Activated the camera using the SADP software per Hikvision directions and reset PW

2. Plugged it in to see if it would work

3. Set the IP address of the Camera to that of the specific POE port on the NVR, changed the setting of the port to manual (instead of plug-in-play), and verified the PORT on the camera and NVR were 8000

4. Tried #2 above, but left the port to plug-in-play

5. Logged into the camera's IP address to ensure I could reach it

I'd appreciate any advice I can get.

I can't answer your question, but do make sure that your existing NVR can process the higher resolution camera. I have the NVR8-7200 - which came w/ 2 MP cameras, but I'm pretty sure that the NVR (such as yours) can't scale up to the 4 MP imaging. I wish it were that simple!! Good luck.

I can't answer your question, but do make sure that your existing NVR can process the higher resolution camera. I have the NVR8-7200 - which came w/ 2 MP cameras, but I'm pretty sure that the NVR (such as yours) can't scale up to the 4 MP imaging. I wish it were that simple!! Good luck.

Hmm. That is good feedback. I can't recall what MP the cameras were that came with my system, but we essentially have the same system. I was able to add the 2032/2132 cameras a few years ago, which were both 3 MP. I'll go into the new camera settings to see if there is a way to reduce the output resolution as a test.

If you can log into the cameras, you'll find a menu that lists the range of resolutions to which they are capable. But, more importantly, that same info is also in your NVR - likely under the "Record" menu and resolution. In my case, my cameras may be able to produce 3MP images, but the NVR can't do anything with it

If my older system didn't work as well as it does (even at 2MP), I'd quickly replace with newer.

I really like the Swann 8580 - I believe it is - that comes with 4MP cameras, but can handle higher as well - which then unlocks the door to some pretty cool image analytics. I think it's 4 or 5MP basic, and 4K (8MP) with addition of 4K compatible cameras

If you can log into the cameras, you'll find a menu that lists the range of resolutions to which they are capable. But, more importantly, that same info is also in your NVR - likely under the "Record" menu and resolution. In my case, my cameras may be able to produce 3MP images, but the NVR can't do anything with it

If my older system didn't work as well as it does (even at 2MP), I'd quickly replace with newer.

I really like the Swann 8580 - I believe it is - that comes with 4MP cameras, but can handle higher as well - which then unlocks the door to some pretty cool image analytics. I think it's 4 or 5MP basic, and 4K (8MP) with addition of 4K compatible cameras

I fiddled with the camera for many hours and finally called a tech guy to see if he could help. We went through all of the procedures and determined this NVR doesn't support that camera no matter what I did. I have boxed up the camera for a return. I've also sourced an older bullet camera (new in box) since I know it will work. I don't need the 4K resolution, but it would have been nice instead of finding older cameras.

If/when this NVR goes belly up I will be getting a Hikvision NVR and not a Swann. The Swann folks have not supported this NVR well from a firmware perspective, which is depressing based on the price I paid for the unit. However, I am happy with the system I've had for nearly 4yrs and the cameras perform well.