Sign in to follow this  
RockRocks787

Good IP Camera For Sports Production

I am looking to get an IP camera that would look good on a 30fps 720p broadcast. The camera would be stationary so I'm not worried about pan or tilt of any of that. I'm looking for one that's around a $500 price range. I know that's not much to work with, but I'm hoping that the fact that we only need 720p resolution helps a bit.

Here's the basic things that I'm looking for:

720p

30fps

3 MP

Needs to be able to focus on anything that enters the screen quickly.

Before anyone tells me to, I have already googled the specs and found a number of them that I'm considering, but I was hoping that someone could recommend one for my situation that they have used before.

The main sport that it would be used for is baseball. It would be placed in the outfield and would be used to zoom in on the pitcher and batter. Like I said before, it would be stationary.

I would go with a higher megapixel rating and use something with a motorized lens as you will get a better picture with an optical zoom as opposed to just digital. depending on the camera you will see the picture start to distort with at 3 or 4x or less.

I would find someone with a good slr type camera with a long lens 1000 mm at least and set up a test in the outfield to see what kind of picture you will get then film with various frame rates and levels of magification. Your three megapixel camera may work for what you want but the zoom capability of your lens is going to be important also.