Sign in to follow this  
tehans

help choosing outdoor ptz camera

I am looking for one with ir illumination, optical zoom. Does not need POE or wifi. Would like an integrated app and cloud storage and motion detection that is sophisticated enough that I do not get hundreds of emails each day from the wind and insects etc..

Would like to be around $500 or less, but this is not set in stone.

I have a Foscam 9928, but disappointed in the reliability and support

With many cameras, support is as good as the store/site selling it.

If night vision is important, look at the Dahua 2 mp ptz starlight cameras, they are the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

Hikvision also makes the similar Ultra lowlight cameras.

I am looking for one with ir illumination, optical zoom. Does not need POE or wifi. Would like an integrated app and cloud storage and motion detection that is sophisticated enough that I do not get hundreds of emails each day from the wind and insects etc..

Would like to be around $500 or less, but this is not set in stone.

I have a Foscam 9928, but disappointed in the reliability and support

Uniview. Beats Hikvision/Dahua and is slowly reaching the number 1 position in the world. Their entry level will do 150m infrared and will zoom nearly 3km, equal to about $500 (sorry, I am converting from South African Rand, and so you can realise I am gaining nothing from giving you advice)

It is fully analytical. You can draw a tripwire, and if someone crosses the wire the high speed dome will start tracking the person based on the time you choose, after which it will return to it's pattern. Will push alarms to your phone over an application called EZview (based on the rules you chose, fully analytical PTZ)

Just my 2 cents.

Uniview. Beats Hikvision/Dahua and is slowly reaching the number 1 position in the world.

Never number 1 in world

Worst apps ever for bot Apple and google