Sign in to follow this  
jpl90

Bought previously owned EZVIZ camera - it's still registered

Hi people.

I bought on Amazon a C3C IP camera as a Warehouse Deal. It's used but looks like new and the price was quite good, so I thought it was a good idea...

The fact is that when I tried to register it in my EZVIZ app, it got an alert "Camera already registered in other account". I guess the previous owner never deleted it, so it seems I can't use it.

I've already sent an email to EZVIZ yesterday, but I would like to know your thoughts so as to possibly save some time and eventually buy another one. Is there a way of registering it even if it was not deleted from the previous account? (Maybe EZVIZ is capable of doing it?). I'm not really sure Amazon would be able/willing to contact/find the previous owner...

And, also, second question: I've read these cameras use a proprietary EZVIZ standard. They are 100% dependent to EZVIZ, then? That means that if they some day decide to turn off their servers I won't be able to see the content live? (Just through SD card?). Or are there some alternative ways of accessing, at least locally, to these cameras?

Thank you very much in advance!