Sign in to follow this  
tehans

Best IP PTZ cam for P2P

Which camera/app combo would be best for P2P. Due to limitations of my internet provider, I cannot set port forwarding or anything like that. I am most interested in a good app with cloud storage and push notifications. I have a Dahua SD59225U-HNI . But have connectivity issues with both lechange and gDMSS. I get a video stream most of the time, but rarely do the PTZ or audio work. I never had problems with the Foscam I had previously, so I do not think it is my network connection.

Which camera/app combo would be best for P2P. Due to limitations of my internet provider, I cannot set port forwarding or anything like that. I am most interested in a good app with cloud storage and push notifications. I have a Dahua SD59225U-HNI . But have connectivity issues with both lechange and gDMSS. I get a video stream most of the time, but rarely do the PTZ or audio work. I never had problems with the Foscam I had previously, so I do not think it is my network connection.

Dahua unluckily started joining the cheaper Chinese market trying to compete against smaller factories and cutting corners. If I am you, have a look at Uniview. Have quite a few set up, and none of this problems. Even is full analytical and if you choose the laser PTZ you will have 500m Nightvision with 3km zoom. Pricing is about $2000, but it works. Else, use the entry level Uniview that will set you back to about $500......depending where you buy. We have reached a time where the name brands is failing and the lesser known name brands are reaching the top. Dahua and Hikvision entered the Walmart market, and is priced that way and shortcuts are taken to be there.

Uniview on Cloud and push is THE BEST!!! Remember, I am based in South Africa and have nothing to gain to give you advice.