Sign in to follow this  
barrett4387

PTZ programming advice needed

Hi there,

I have 8 x Dahua PTZ cameras. 2 on each tower and 4 towers I total placed around a property.

Is there any tips on getting these PTZs working with each other with the Auto tracking? Ive tried using Intrusion zones and it just isn't smooth enough when passing to each PTZ. I see Smart Track and have been through the set up but I am not convinced with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advane

Hi. Are you using a NVR or PC to record.

It's a little harder when all cameras are PTZs usually its activated via a static camera or some sort of sensor

Hi there,

I have 8 x Dahua PTZ cameras. 2 on each tower and 4 towers I total placed around a property.

Is there any tips on getting these PTZs working with each other with the Auto tracking? Ive tried using Intrusion zones and it just isn't smooth enough when passing to each PTZ. I see Smart Track and have been through the set up but I am not convinced with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advane

I have tested the Uniview Range from Eagleview Security. Basically, if this matters, I used tripwires with 7 High speed domes. How it works is basically you set up e.g. 7 tripwires, assign a high speed dome to every tripwire, set the time the high speed dome must follow the movement (car/person/truck) and that is it. Works perfectly. You just set the length of time the PTZ must auto-track, after that it will return to its normal pattern, unless there is another trigger and the process starts again.

Not sure if Dahua has this feature, but if it does, it should be just as easy. See if you can find a "time setting" under the tracking options.