cosmarchy

Hikvision Video Playback Black Screen

I am having problems viewing video from one particular camera connected to a NVR.

I have a DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS camera and a DS-2CD2745F-IS camera connected to a DS-7604NI NVR.

I am unable to view video downloaded from the NVR (via the web interface) from the DS-2CD2745F-IS camera. Once a video has dowloaded, I get a black screen when I try to view it. I've tried two players (VLC and Windows Media Player - both of which are up to date) and the result is the same.

The seek bar shows a time which is about right for the downloaded video duration however it finishes in seconds as if it reached the end of the clip. There is no video at all, just a black screen where the video should be.

I have tried downloading using the clip tool and the download tool but both give me a black screen.

There are no issues with the DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZS camera; I can create a video with the clip tool and download and I can actually see the video. It is just the one camera which has this problem.

I had no issues with my Win 7 computer which I've used for a number of years and never had any issues with downloading and viewing video but I have recently moved to a Win 10 computer so I am wondering whether there are any additional files which are required.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you.

Could it be the problem camera is recording in H265?

It is recording in H264. I tried both H264 and H265 and the results are still the same.

There is the + version of each and activating this for each of the versions makes no difference either