Sign in to follow this  
dar124

Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I assistance

A couple of years ago I got a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I camera. I ran a network cable up thru my siding and got a POE injector and got everything set up. I tried the Hikvision software, but ended up using iSpy to have the camera record to my WHS 2011 server and I used the iVMS-4500 app to view the camera on my phone. Every month or so I would delete the recordings from the folder on my server. Everything seemed to work fine, but one month I noticed that there weren't any new recordings on my server. I also wasn't able to use the app to view the camera from my phone.

I went thru a bit of troubleshooting, and am thinking that the issue is related to the DDNS upgrade that required devices to be registered at hik-online.com. I went thru the steps on the site, but haven't been able to register the camera. Below are some screen shots of the pages / errors that I'm receiving. Hopefully someone can give me some direction / assistance.

These are the pages that come up when I go to "www.hik-online.com/dar124".

308373_1.jpg

308373_2.jpg

308373_3.jpg

Then when I go to the new "www.hik-connect.com" site and log in to try to add my camera with it's serial number I get the error that the device is offline.

308373_4.jpg

308373_5.jpg

The camera still lights up red at night, so I know it's getting power. I did borrow a new POE injector from work and I get the same results. I'm trying to avoid removing the camera from the house, as it was kinda tricky to get everything wired up behind the siding. I would also be ok w/ doing some sort of "reset" on the camera and starting the config from fresh from the beginning (if that's possible??)

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Hi

The Hik ddns server is being discontinued, so you will need to update your camera Firmware for you to enable the Hik connect function,if your model camera allows this , its almost like a P2P connection, camera must have this function for it to work on the Hik connect server

other option will be do get a new Hikvision NVR with the Hik connect function on , all the new models will have this , then connect the camera to the NVR and view the NVR on the app

also you could purchase a ddns domain , through dyn.com for example then do port forwarding on you router (if your ISP allows ) and view your cameras remotely that way, I would recommend changing the default port of 8000 and use a secure password, but it will work

hope this helps

regards

Thanks for the reply topchips.

I'd like to keep the setup like it is w/ using the iSpy software and having the camera record to my WHS server. I'm sure I could google a bit ... but what would be the best / easiest way to update the firmware so that I would be able to use HIK Connect??

I'm pretty sure I updated the firmware when I first got the camera, but that was a few years ago. I'm hoping that I don't need to remove the camera from the side of the house where it's mounted??

I recall if the serial number has cch in it, it is a Chinese market camera and you will brick it if you update it.If it has WR in the serial number, it is safe to update it.

I'd have to check to see what the serial number is, but I know it is not the Chinese version. I made sure it was the American version back when I bought the camera.

I just checked and the serial number does have a "WR" in it. And it currently has the v5.2.0 build 140721 software installed. So I should be good to upgrade if there is a newer firmware out there??

Any suggestions on the best way to upgrade the firmware??