Sign in to follow this  
bradyboyy88

I have unbricked my DS-2CD2132F-IS but what now!

So I bricked my cameras but saved them and now I want to try to upgrade them again lol. I have version V5.2.5 141201 and my serial numbers do have CH in them for 2 of my cameras. Now I know the risk of chinese cameras with the 4 hours of my life I lost. From reading peoples horror stories I am curious what is the correct way to upgrade these cameras? Also, how bad is this security update from 5.2.5 to 5.3?

Hello

If I remember correctly you cant update CH stock, we had a few 2 years back and we couldn't,Hikvision makes specific FW for the Chinese market , what is the problem with the cameras why you want to update them?, best to purchase from a accredited supplier with the local Firmware

Regards

The obvious conclusion is don't upgrade firmware unless you have a problem to begin with. Don't try to fix something that ain't broke.

Sorry havent been online to check posts but I got them unbricked. Dont fix what aint broke is a goods saying unless you consider the lower firmwares do have a lot of security vulnerabilities. I am going to leave them as is but it would be cool to watch my cameras not using openvpn and trust them to be open to the outside world.