Sign in to follow this  
nxindy

Poor performance after Dahua firmware upgrade

Hi. Not really an expert but I do okay. I recently upgraded the firmware in my Dahua NVR DH-4816-16P-4Ks2 to version DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_Eng_V3.216.0000000.0.R.180605.bin and now the the system runs very slow over remote login connection with very good bandwidth. Seems to run normally when I'm at the venue over the in-house network or direct login to NVR. Probably should have left it alone on the earlier version, but now it's done and I'm wondering if I can revert to earlier firmware or not? Or what advice anyone has to fix this. Cables have all been checked and Comcast business modem reset. Using P2P for remote because no static address at venue. Works just as badly on mobile as well.

One other quick question: Should I be able to change the individual IP camera resolutions from a remote login as admin? Although the PSS program says "successfully 'setted' camera" it doesn't change the encoding. Is that right?

Purchased from CCTV Security Pros. I took two weeks to get their first firmware update a couple years ago and it was OLDER than was already on the machine. It is an unbranded NVR, but I eventually figured out it was Dahua so I started getting firmware updates for cameras and nvr direct from Dahua and it has gone well until this time.

Is there anyway to reset this thing to an earlier version? Thanks

Hmm... So then is this a stupid question or a very difficult question? I'm up against the wall on this one and hope someone can help.

Seems to run normally when I'm at the venue over the in-house network

If that is the case, the problem should be related to your network connection/networking, and not the firmware.

Seems to run normally when I'm at the venue over the in-house network

If that is the case, the problem should be related to your network connection/networking, and not the firmware.

Thanks. Yeah I know that's the obvious indication. I've already checked the WAN cable on the NVR and rebooted the Comcast Modem. I didn't do a speed test on the last visit because it seemed to be working fine on the network and the mobile app. But when I got home and hooked up remote it's very slow. Speed test on my home pc is fine. I'm just asking about the firmware downgrade if a speed test and another cable test at the location doesn't show that's the issue. Since this all started directly after a NVR firmware upgrade. I also raised the cameras mainstream encoding resolution, but not the substream, which is also dragging. That's why I'm asking about changing the encoding resolutions from a remote admin login to see if that's contributing to the slowness. Apparently that's not allowed? I just need to clear this up on the next visit one way or the other. The client is getting impatient meaning it's slow at his house too. and this problem is eating up a lot of my time. The upload speed is 12Mbps. That used to be enough to mount all 16 substreams in less than 20 seconds with only slight jerkiness. Of course it could only do 2 or 3 mainstreams before it started getting jerky, which was fine. It just seems like if I have a bad cable end on the WAN out the back of the NVR it wouldn't be connecting at all. Or would it be reverting to 100Mbps if the end is partly bad, instead of the gigabit connection? But if the modem speed checks out, the cables check out, and I go back to the lower encoding rates and it's still slow on the remote, I'm gonna have to consider it to be the firmware upgrade. It's worked perfectly for 2 years until this. Never had a bad firmware upgrade yet. But the products are considered EOL by Dahua. So this was probably the last set of firmware upgrades. I figured I should go ahead and do them one more time and not worry it them anymore. Bad idea I guess.

SmartPSS latest versions for PC and Mac. Have either available. Neither seems to do it. Also gDMSS on the Android