Sign in to follow this  
Bluenose1940

Upgrading Hikvision Camera Firmware

Hello folks,

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my Hikvision Camera and am having a few problems.

I have searched the internet and, all of the instructions that I have found all tell me to log on to my camera via my browser. After numerous attempts I find that I cannot do this for whatever reason. If I type in the IP address of the camera it doesn't get me anywhere. However, if I type in the IP address of the NVR, it takes me to the Hikvision site where I type in 'admin' along with my password and I'm in ok. At the top of the page I have 'Live View' 'Playback' and 'Configuration'

If I then go into 'Configuration' and then into 'Maintenance' down at the bottom, the word 'Firmware is greyed out and pressing any of the 'Browse buttons reveals absolutely nothing.

For information purposes if it helps, my NVR is a Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P (B) and the camera, which is plugged directly into the back of the NVR is a Hikvision DS-2CD2155FWD-I.

I have tried using the SADP Tool but the camera doesn't appear on that which I understand is normal, because my camera is plugged directly into the NVR.

If anyone can help, it will be much appreciated. Thank you.

I believe that your browser may not be downloading the Hikvision plugin. You could try using Internet explorer 11 browser, or the Pale Moon browser, or Chrome with IE tab.

Another option would be to use ONVIF Device manager from sourceforge.

are your cameras and NVRon the same ip addressing scheme. We usualy setup the cameras on their own subnet and have the nvr on the common one. For instance cameras are 10.0.0.55-75 nvr is 192.168.1.67. anywy check that as you may have to have the addressses match up to access the camera directly.

I believe that your browser may not be downloading the Hikvision plugin. You could try using Internet explorer 11 browser, or the Pale Moon browser, or Chrome with IE tab.

Another option would be to use ONVIF Device manager from sourceforge.

Thank you for coming in on this. I am using Internet Explorer and yes it does work, whereas Chrome doesn't and I haven't been able to apply the plug-in either.

What is concerning me now is, I can get at the digicap.dav file when I click on 'Browse' but I am worried that it is actually going to update the camera firmware and not going to incorrectly try to update the NVR firmware instead.

Being a grey haired old wrinkley and only being so so when it comes to techie stuff, I do tend to be a bit worried when doing such things.

are your cameras and NVRon the same ip addressing scheme. We usualy setup the cameras on their own subnet and have the nvr on the common one. For instance cameras are 10.0.0.55-75 nvr is 192.168.1.67. anywy check that as you may have to have the addressses match up to access the camera directly.

Thank you for your input.

I have had a look through my system (it's all a bit gobbledegook really) and I have found an IPv4 address of 192.168.0.20, an IPv4 Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0 and an IPv4 Default Gateway of 192.168.0.1. The camera appears to be 192.168.254.2.

Is that of any help to you? thanks again.

you would have to change the IP on either the camera or your pc to match for instance camera is 192.168.254.2 to view directly without going to the NVR you would have to change to and unused address with 192.168.254.66 for example I am guessing the 255.255.255.0 is the same for both. I also think you may have to have the camera and pc on the same switch as the nvr may block direct access to the individual cameras.

I have made a bit of progress (I think).

Looking at the attached image, does anyone know, if I go ahead with the upgrade, that it will upgrade the camera and not the NVR?

many thanks

1475567098_Upgradescreen.PNG.eabff633e4491d483513aab9be5cfb88.PNG