bbqjoe

No name ip Cam help please.

Hi gang.

First post.

I found this forum while researching a problem.

If my issue doesn't belong on this site, let me know.

I have 2 ip cameras.

A foscam R2, and a no name outdoor type. The outdoor is this critter here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Outdoor-WiFi-IP-Camera-HD-720P-IR-Night-Security-CCTV-External-Antenna-Card-Slot/182677576267?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Foscams software is rather unimpressive, and seems drop the connection on a regular basis.

I ended up DLing Livecams pro using that instead. I find it much more superior.

It took awhile for me to learn how to get to it wirelessly, but I finally did after I learned how to set up a no-ip and all that happiness.

All is good with the Foscam.

The issue is with the no name camera.

In order to get to it with Livecams pro, I either need to know its name or profile (I guess)

The seller is of no help, and I think his Chinese to English translator is in need of some serious attention.

I can see its IP and mac address from my router, although I can't tell which port it's using.

The camera operates just fine both wired and not using the prescribed 163eye software.

I suspect that livecams pro could probably run it as well if I only knew more information about it?

I know I'm in cheapcamera town, and currently can't afford to change anything.

(So quite laughing at me)

Anyways, am I asking the impossible here?

Are there just too many profiles out there to even begin guessing?

I tried typing the camera's IP into chrome just for the heck of it, and I just get a refused connection message.

I'm not an engineer by any means, and only know just enough to be dangerous.

Thanks for any help.

Joe

Try ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge to try and access the cameras.

To access the no name camera with Chrome, you might need to install IE tab and IE tab helper.

Try ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge to try and access the cameras.

To access the no name camera with Chrome, you might need to install IE tab and IE tab helper.

Thanks.

I did an open port search, and entered each port# in the setup while using ONVIF setting in the app with no results.

I know that's not what you said to do.

I'll look into that next.

I might just give up and use the two apps.

The ONVIF device manager should have found both cameras automatically if they are on the same subnet as the computer. The specs from the link you posted said it was an ONVIF camera.