Hi

Got a friend who has just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it.

So I downloaded the latest PSS software on the laptop and installed it. No problem.

Trying to manually add a device under Config manager/Device Manage/Add Device.

The problem is that the dialog boxes are cropped and the Save button on the Add Device dialog can't be accessed.

So I can't add a device.

This is clearly a bug in the latest version of PSS that makes it incompatible with W10 and there doesn't seem to be any way around it.

So I was wondering if anyone else has hit this problem and, if so, is it resolvable?

Is there another software solution that I can use. I have looked at a dozen or so and none of them appear to be

able to connect to a DVR. Just to individual IP cameras.

Does PSS have a config file that I could copy over from another working PSS system installation? I can't find one.

Hope you can help.

Cheers

FYI. I have sorted out a workaround for this problem.

If you have an instance of PSS software on another Windows pc with the same setup you can use the

Config Manager/User Config/Export user config files option to export the configuration to a file system

folder and then use the Import user config files on the problematic machine to set it up. That way you

don't have to use the dodgy Device Manage option on the problematic machine.

It is a common problem of screen resolution. just go to control panel of laptop and search for display. Now try to find an options screen resolution. Select some lower resolution from options and save it. Now try to open PSS and see the result. If the problem still remains then select some other option and try them.

It is a common problem of screen resolution. just go to control panel of laptop and search for display. Now try to find an options screen resolution. Select some lower resolution from options and save it. Now try to open PSS and see the result. If the problem still remains then select some other option and try them.

your last 4 useless spam posts ...... Says your CCTV and IT.

Give it up if this is best you can do.

Even when op did a good job on sorting out his own problem ..... YOU still come out with junk...... Nothing to do with his problem

POOLEYR, connect some monitor to your laptop, open PSS on this monitor (you can drag shortcut first) and do all config manipulations. When everething will be "Ok", just disconnect the second monitor and use PSS cropped.

Or you can use another software to view your NVR sources. Just, you need to find out each stream connect string:

Download an "Onvif Device Manager" https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/

Install it and run. It will show you the list of your Onvif sources. At the top of window, enter login username and password. Find and choose your NVR.

You will see a lot of "Video Source01: CH01" with different numbers and description. If there is no channels, explore your NVR configuration and enable RTSP protocol first.

Click "Live Video" on the desired channel. On the right you will see your channel video, below the video there is a string to connect your channel over RTSP.

For example: rtsp://192.168.0.101:554/ch01.264?ptype=tcp

If this string won't work later, try to add creditionals to URL:

rtsp://admin:mypass@192.168.0.101:554/ch01.264?ptype=tcp

Single channel streaming

- You can use VLC to show this stream or some other media player.

- You can play URL in VLC: Open "Media" - "Open network stream" - "Network", put your URL here, "Play".

- You can add URL to VLC shortcut:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" rtsp://admin:mypass@192.168.0.101/ch01.264?ptype=tcp

- You can also add command line parameter "--aspect-ratio 16:9"

Several channel streaming

You can use "rtsp-camera-view", based on VLC 2.1.5 to view and manage all your channels.

Download: github.com/grigory-lobkov/rtsp-camera-view/releases

Overview: github.com/grigory-lobkov/rtsp-camera-view/wiki/Overview