exahertz

Conexant Fusion based 4ch DVR card problem

Hi, i have a odd ball DVR card that i cant seem to find any info on.

anyways... on the card is 4 conexant fusion 878a chips. i installed the WDM drivers for the chips and in device manager they are seen as "Studio WDM video capture". it also installed a lot of other stuff and all of the devices are working properly. i have noticed that all of the Studio WDM video capture devices IRQs are set for 11 but i cannot change anything.

heres my problem:

I use my dvr program Eyeline, and can see four selectable cameras, and in the program i can select all four at once. so the software is okay (im pretty sure). but i can get an image from only one input at a time.

if i have cameras on inputs 1,2,3 and 4

and in device manager i have all four 878 chips enabled

only channel 4 will have an image, and the other three are black

Eyeline will say that those 3 devices are unplugged.

and in device manager i only have one 878 chip enabled

Eyeline will see only that one 878 chip and there will be an image there

if i disable that one 878 chip and enable another i can see another camera\

its kinda acting like theres some sort of conflict.

any ideas????

Thanks, and happy fathers day!

nm, it was just a driver issue. i used BtInstall from Argus and it seemed to fix the problem.

what is BTInstall?

btinstall is a dll. But what does it do exahertz ????

I was having similar problems with a 4 channel dvr card. I eventually gave up trying to get it too work thought it was crappy software that came with the card.

I have one of these exact cards that I purchased of eBay and was sent directly from Hong Kong last September. I just got around to installing it and discovered that the mini CD that came with it is defective or blank. The eBay seller I purchased it from is "No longer Registered" so I can't get a copy of the software. Any assistance that you may be able to provide would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi, i have a odd ball DVR card that i cant seem to find any info on.

anyways... on the card is 4 conexant fusion 878a chips. i installed the WDM drivers for the chips and in device manager they are seen as "Studio WDM video capture". it also installed a lot of other stuff and all of the devices are working properly. i have noticed that all of the Studio WDM video capture devices IRQs are set for 11 but i cannot change anything.

heres my problem:

I use my dvr program Eyeline, and can see four selectable cameras, and in the program i can select all four at once. so the software is okay (im pretty sure). but i can get an image from only one input at a time.

and in device manager i have all four 878 chips enabled

only channel 4 will have an image, and the other three are black

Eyeline will say that those 3 devices are unplugged.

and in device manager i only have one 878 chip enabled

Eyeline will see only that one 878 chip and there will be an image there

if i disable that one 878 chip and enable another i can see another camera\

its kinda acting like theres some sort of conflict.

any ideas????

Thanks, and happy fathers day!

I have the mini cd that works but could never get it to work properly.

Not sure if i can post a zip file on here as I am new.

But if you want I can e-mail them to you just forward me your address

The cd says 104 written by hand on it, nothing else on it.

nm, it was just a driver issue. i used BtInstall from Argus and it seemed to fix the problem.

Hi. same problem. where can i find the argu's btinstall?

Hi warrend.

Please could you help me please, My dad disabled has had his tyres on car cut twice (8tyres in total) by vandals. All because he wont grass people up. He suffers bad with nerves and depression and has even contacted the police for help but they said with no hard evidence they wont do anything! So he managed get the dvr card in question with 4 basic outside cameras. But can we find the software/drivers can we heck.

So please if theres anychance you would'nt mind sending it me via email or i'll even pay via paypal if you could copy the cd and send it me via mail if you dont mind. Your the only person on a forum through search engine thats got the cd. or on the web lol

If you can send it via email mines. coffeeman2004 (at) hotmail (dot) com

we would be very very gratefull. And you would be helping us out big time!!

Thanks for reading. (Fingers crossed)

Dave

what is BTInstall?

Sounds like the chips on that card are a version of the BrookTree 848, a very common chip used in a wide variety of video-capture devices. Neat thing with the BT848 chips, a generic BT driver will usually work with almost anything that uses them, even if the card's manufacturer didn't provide specific drivers (for example, an old card may have only Win98 drivers, but generic BT848 drivers for XP will usually work with XP).

I havent had any luck myself yet but if someone has a profile for this card It would be appreciated.

Advice I have been given is to use the generic setting and disable the Tuner/S-video settings just select 4 composite inputs, you can then use amcap to test each input.

Failing that you need to run an exsiting app (diginet - POS) that is bundled with the card and the btspy tool to sniff the card info and build the profile that you can load into the wincap driver.... see the btwincap instructions.

nb: if you have a 16 channel card you may only be able to use 4 inputs...

I tried BTspy when I was running the dvrnet software it came bundled with--no go on the detection and importing the text file. I guess it didn't see the cam as "actively selected". You'd think with all the outlets blowing these out someone would have been down this road before.

the dig-dvrnet software isn't bad but I'd rather have choices especially for a non-techie end user

I also have one of these cards.

I got it working under windows xp sp2 by installing the trial version of active web cam (sorry can't post links yet, please google)

Active web cam will scan for capture devices, find this card and suggest a proper driver, DO install

You'll be able to use your card with most software afterwards.

Tested with Luxriot only.

Now the problem I have....can't get this card working with Zoneminder! anyone?

Kocur

kocur,

Thanks for the tip but that didn't do it....the active webcam has the same BTwincap driver that won't auto detect the card . Just to try , I uninstalled the drivers I had, fired up the py-soft active webcam trial--it suggested that I should install the btwincap drivers for the 878a and launched the same BTwincap driver program I've been using. No auto detect--no easy install.

The single-chip 4 channel cards are a breeze--not these 4 chip 4 channel cards

Hey everyone! To be honest I am very relieved that this post is out there. I bought my 4 Ch. DVR card and 4 cameras off of eBay as well. Came with the mini-cd with no label. I've had all sorts of problems, most like the rest of you. BUT, I will say that I followed the advice of installing the trial software of Active Webcam and searching for devices and allowing it to install the drivers. NOW...the problem is that I can only (using the demo version of Active Webcam) get 1 camera to work. Any ideas why or how I can get all 4 to work. I am trying to get this unit up & working by this Friday (August 14th). Also has anyone using the same steps as me (or close enough) used a different piece of surveillance software with success and getting all 4 cameras up and recording at 30fps each? Thanks!

Ben

Have you tried using AMCAP(freeware) to see if the other 3 cameras will go? If you have the 4 chip 4 channel card (120fps or 30 fps per channel) my bet will be that they won't fly. All I have been able to get is 1 channel to go using the generic BT848/878 wincap drivers which is what comes with the active webcam software as well as from other sources. The single chip 4 channel cards are a breeze, they work fine but the 4 chip ones that I have will only work (so far) with the DVRnet software they came with and all 4 do work.

On a plus note, I recently got some 4 chip Phillips cards from geeks dot com and wave-p software works for those--I luckily stumbled onto that.

Have you tried using AMCAP(freeware) to see if the other 3 cameras will go? If you have the 4 chip 4 channel card (120fps or 30 fps per channel) my bet will be that they won't fly. All I have been able to get is 1 channel to go using the generic BT848/878 wincap drivers which is what comes with the active webcam software as well as from other sources. The single chip 4 channel cards are a breeze, they work fine but the 4 chip ones that I have will only work (so far) with the DVRnet software they came with and all 4 do work.

On a plus note, I recently got some 4 chip Phillips cards from geeks dot com and wave-p software works for those--I luckily stumbled onto that.

DKtucson, help me better understand what you mean. I do have the 4 chip 4 channel DVR card. 4 BNC inputs and can do 120fps = 30fps per channel. So, why would it be manufactured w/ 4 ports and the ability to record all 4 channels simultaneously at 30fps and actually not be able to? I am very confused. Or did you mean that the software (Active webcam) wouldn't work with my 4 chip 4 channel DVR card? I really think this is a driver issue. Is the driver I got from the Active webcam software just for a 1 chip, 1 channel DVR card? If so, how do I get my grubby little hands on a 4 chip, 4 channel DVR card driver(s)? Thanks!

DKtucson, help me better understand what you mean. I do have the 4 chip 4 channel DVR card. 4 BNC inputs and can do 120fps = 30fps per channel. So, why would it be manufactured w/ 4 ports and the ability to record all 4 channels simultaneously at 30fps and actually not be able to? I am very confused. Or did you mean that the software (Active webcam) wouldn't work with my 4 chip 4 channel DVR card? I really think this is a driver issue. Is the driver I got from the Active webcam software just for a 1 chip, 1 channel DVR card? If so, how do I get my grubby little hands on a 4 chip, 4 channel DVR card driver(s)? Thanks!

I too have the same card and have also been trying to find a generic driver that will drive all 4 ports. My card came with software called DVRnet that is *ok* but doesn't have quite the features I would prefer--but it is useable with all 4 cameras. If I recall from memory it loads NV800 drivers in device manager.

I too have tried the BTwincap drivers and it appears to load successfully but all I get is one good output and the other 3 are blue "stand by" screens like no video. If I try to move one cam to each port one at a time the one same output still works and the other 3 are still blue .

The driver that seems to get loaded is for the 1 chip 4 channel card (30fps divided by the 4 inputs or about 7fps per channel)

Thanks for elaborating. So, is there a way you can email me the driver you got with the DVRnet software? What features does the DVRnet software not have that you needed or wanted?

Thanks for elaborating. So, is there a way you can email me the driver you got with the DVRnet software? What features does the DVRnet software not have that you needed or wanted?

The drivers are one thing.. the software is another---too large for an email attachment .The drivers are proprietary to the software.

The shortcomings I saw with it:

1. It turns the computer into a server--no big deal for a spare machine

2. It has to use a proprietary client software to view the cams remotely--better for system security so that someone couldn't use your cams to case your home or business but inconvenient if you wanted a generic web-browser view from any pc with any OS.

3. No SMS text or email of motion detection/intruder alert

4. No FTP upload so files could be stored remotely--if a theif breaks in they can steal the cam system and there goes the evidence possibly.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

I have a New 4 Channel H.264 D1 High Resolution Real-time Display/Recording; 4 Video Channels + 4 Audio Channels + TV-out

120/100 Frame/Sec. H.264 DVR Card with MPEG4 Video Format. It came with what look like generic drivers and they installed okay, but, Active Webcam does not pick up the card at all - when I add a camera manually it does not show up in the list. If I try Bt878 drivers they seem to install, however, I get an error in the device manager showing the card as a Conexant BTPCI card, but, it also shows a small yellow exclamation mark indicating there is an error.

I have not been able to get even 1 camera to show up in active webcam or Amcap. I am on the verge of abandoning the whole set up as it is taking up so much time.

If someone has access to a driver that would work with this card so that it does show up in Active webcam, it would be great; likewise any advice would also help.

System: Windows XP media centre edition

Cards installed: the above CCTV card, Sound card, NVidia Grahics card, Happauge TV card for the media centre.

I need to get this working, or swap for a more expensive Geovision card - assuming that would work with active webcam / the system.

Sincere thanks in advance.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

I have a New 4 Channel H.264 D1 High Resolution Real-time Display/Recording; 4 Video Channels + 4 Audio Channels + TV-out

120/100 Frame/Sec. H.264 DVR Card with MPEG4 Video Format. It came with what look like generic drivers and they installed okay, but, Active Webcam does not pick up the card at all - when I add a camera manually it does not show up in the list. If I try Bt878 drivers they seem to install, however, I get an error in the device manager showing the card as a Conexant BTPCI card, but, it also shows a small yellow exclamation mark indicating there is an error.

I have not been able to get even 1 camera to show up in active webcam or Amcap. I am on the verge of abandoning the whole set up as it is taking up so much time.

If someone has access to a driver that would work with this card so that it does show up in Active webcam, it would be great; likewise any advice would also help.

System: Windows XP media centre edition

Cards installed: the above CCTV card, Sound card, NVidia Grahics card, Happauge TV card for the media centre.

I need to get this working, or swap for a more expensive Geovision card - assuming that would work with active webcam / the system.

Sincere thanks in advance.

Get rid of the other Hauppage card--if this has a BT chipset it could be causing the issue--never mix brands of cards even if they have what appears to be similar chipsets.

Unfortunately, I can't get rid of the Hauppauge card as that is a TV tuner card for the media centre and is used to what and record TV as part of the media centre system.

I previously had a 4ch single chip card which worked fine with the Hauppauge card installed and I could watch TV, record TV and have active webcam all running at the same time.

It looks like I will have to revert back to the single chip card if I can't rectify this problem. Alternatively, if there is a version of the BTinstaller drivers than can be loaded manually against the each channel of the card, that might be an option to try - if anyone knows of such a driver, that would be great.