damadhatter

EyeMax DV-9240 Remote Login issues

So I am a network admin and I have a friends business who I provide support for. They had someone come out and install the EyeMax DV-9240 system. They would like to be able to remotely control the cameras from a remote location. They purchased a static IP address and I have forwarded the following ports 80, 9091-9112 (both TCP/UDP) given to me by installer.

Issues we are running into. I can access my IP address webpage and see the EyeMax login. I am able to install the activex plugin to view the camera. Whenever I am outside the network, I get login failed. Yet I can use the same login from another computer on the same LAN as this DVR system.

When using the actual client from the WAN side I have the same issue, login failed. When I installed the client on a LAN computer I can login with the same creditnals. Weird thing is the login trys for a bit and then fails. I have created numerous user accounts. I am at a loss, the installer is clueless. I am just trying to help a friend out. Thanks for your help in advance!

I even tried placing this machine on the DMZ. The DVR machine is Windows XP with firewall turned completely off.

If you're using a linksys router, Disable Block WAN Request under the Security/Firewall settings Page.

Post The Settings from the Network Setup Tab of the server.

If you're using a linksys router, Disable Block WAN Request under the Security/Firewall settings Page.

It is a Netgear FVS 318. I will post the settings in a bit

If you like, I can try and connect and see if it is any diffrent, just PM me the IP and a Temp User Name and Password.

If you like, I can try and connect and see if it is any diffrent, just PM me the IP and a Temp User Name and Password.

Did you try connecting thru the VPN?

We don't use the VPN, whomever sold my friend this equipment ripped them off, they had no need for the VPN. For the price they paid for this I could have set them up with a nice Sonicwall, but I was not available att he time when the FVS was installed. Previously they had a basic DLink router which worked just fine. I would rather use the port forwarding. They are looking for a quick way to connect when someone breaks in, they want to be able to move the cameras around and view who it is (they get cell phone alerts)

We don't use the VPN, whomever sold my friend this equipment ripped them off, they had no need for the VPN. For the price they paid for this I could have set them up with a nice Sonicwall, but I was not available att he time when the FVS was installed. Previously they had a basic DLink router which worked just fine. I would rather use the port forwarding. They are looking for a quick way to connect when someone breaks in, they want to be able to move the cameras around and view who it is (they get cell phone alerts)

Another thing to try is to change the Web Server Port to something other than 80, because sometimes Port 80 is blocked by default from the ISP and some equipment.

I normaly use 9090 which works for me and makes the port forwarding setup much easier with 1 range of 9090-9112

Did you try anything I mentioned before?

Edited by Guest

Another thing to try is to change the Web Server Port to something other than 80, because sometimes Port 80 is blocked by default from the ISP and some equipment.

I normaly use 9090 which works for me and makes the port forwarding setup much easier with 1 range of 9090-9112

The thing is, I can access the DVR login page. I just cant login when outside the WAN. This is both via web interface or the DVR client

Yes. I've seen this before.

The two things I know of that cause this, is the Block Anonymous WAN Request and Web Server on Port 80.

The two things I know of that cause this, is the Block Anonymous WAN Request and Web Server on Port 80.

Why would the client work then? I get login failed on that also

Login Fail on the client doesn't mean you made a connection.

What happens when you use IE?

Login Fail on the client doesn't mean you made a connection.

What happens when you use IE?

IE/Firefox both fail. How come I can get to the login but not login? I would think it's all or none

I have used linksys routers with no problems the other brands of routers will not do a range of ports so you have to make a rule for each port We have over 100 in the field and I have no problems connecting. Also with linksys routers I am running a dvr and IP cam on the same static IP with no problems.

Please help with the - post the setting from the network set up tab of the server. Is this where I post the ip address?

Just had this installed and could login just fine on the home computer, but now that I am at work (where I actually want to do the viewing from) I can't login! Anything I should know about how this works with the DLinkVWR router?

Thanks,

Faith

Just had this installed and could login just fine on the home computer, but now that I am at work (where I actually want to do the viewing from) I can't login! Anything I should know about how this works with the DLinkVWR router?

Thanks,

Faith

Thanks,

Faith

You need to setup & forward the ports for the DVR in the router to allow remote access from the WAN.

Sorry it took me so long to get back...the network guy working for the shop that sold me the dvr set this up for me in the beginning, but now it is not working again...and I have no idea how to do this, although I am a computer programmer, so if given some decent instructions, I'm sure I could get it done. Can you point me in the direction of something that would tell me how to do this please? Thanks, Faith

Since there seems to be no resolution to this login problem thread I am posting yet another plea for help resolving the problem.

The problem we are having is when we set "login required". If this is not enabled the DVR is fully visible. We have set proper user accounts with admin privileges and can even see the attempt to login and rejected in the DVR's event viewer. So, there is no connection problem.

Also, we are having the same secure login locally using the eyemax client software.

So, if anybody solved this login problem please repost. Thanks.

Problem solved. Turns out that the eyemax dvr system does not allow 2 administrators to be logged on at the same time. Since the local admin logs on at start-up and other admin user will be denied access Once the admin log-on accounts were modified to regular accounts log-ons worked.

I had this same "login failed" issue and I solved it by setting the dvr as the dmz server in my netgear router's setup. Until this solution, I had all ports forwarded correctly, could log on from w/in the network but not outside. Life is good now!

Hope this helps.

Ok, so I know this post is incredibly old but I am having the exact same problem with no solution.

I am able to login locally to the DVR using admin and a USER group account. I log out of all accounts locally to the DVR. From my PC with the client software, I get the "login failed" for both accounts. When I try using http://: from my PC I get the login page. Trying to login with either account from here doesn't work. It just looks like the page refreshes and the fields are cleared. I am able to access the login page remotely using http://: but I have the same problem there.

I have a NetGear router so I don't have the WAN option listed here in this thread. I don't have a web site hosted on port 80 either. Does anyone know anything else that I could check?