sticks

Kodicom DigiNet problems--- PLEASE HELP

I have a ligit copy of Kodicom Diginet client. (5.2.1678.0)

I have the following problems

1) the contact phone number on the kodicom digit net site is NEVER answered

2) When i log in to the remote client, i see the camera names and the times, but i see no picture.

3) when i log in and go into setup and then into motion setup i see the live feed in the small motion set up page.

i have re installed it, i have uninstalled it and re did it and nothing... any ideas?

Thanks

Jon Bennett

jonbennett@cogeco.ca

I have this exact same problem.. I am trying to make sure all works properly before I purchase.. as my copy is still in trial mode.. I know it works with windows XP but I really need to use windows vista or windows 7 for 4tb hdd support..

I have a ATI 3600 HD series Graphics Card..

Quote.......

Post subject: Kodicom DigiNet problems--- PLEASE HELP

I have a ligit copy of Kodicom Diginet client. (5.2.1678.0)

I have the following problems

1) the contact phone number on the kodicom digit net site is NEVER answered

2) When i log in to the remote client, i see the camera names and the times, but i see no picture.

3) when i log in and go into setup and then into motion setup i see the live feed in the small motion set up page.

i have re installed it, i have uninstalled it and re did it and nothing... any ideas?

Thanks

Jon Bennett

jonbennett@cogeco.ca

Please feel free to contact our support department. support@saysecurity.com

A Windows 7 Release is coming up with some added features. However, it will not be public. We lost too much business from someone cracking our software.

its not a windows 7 release that i need.. i need to know why the screen is doing this.. and I have contacted support.. but I never get replies.. thats why im asking here.

Ryan,

I see that you were emailing with Matt in early November. Did you get his email?

Also, your video problems are caused by the video card you are using. Try using and X700 or Radeon X1050. Support for the new ATI and Nvidia cards are being released in version 5.3. If you are still having problems... feel free to email to our support department.

Cheers,

Jason

Also, feel free to contact our support department by phone... 800-464-0831

MS changed the way Vista and Windows 7 handles video. We use an embedded OS on all of our DVRs, so we have been in no hurry to change it. However many people have requested Win 7 Support.

5.3 is available in beta this week. Full release will be next week.

The server and client are compatible w/ Windows 7 and supports Intel, Nvida, and ATI chip sets.

5.3 is available in beta this week. Full release will be next week.

The server and client are compatible w/ Windows 7 and supports Intel, Nvida, and ATI chip sets.

Thats Awsome.. where can it be downloaded.

Hey heloder,

Are you and saysecurity representatives or partners with the diginet guys? You seem to know a lot about the product. My pops is using diginet site/center to run a home camera system. The site is running on xp in a box in a closet and up till now we've been using his main computer to view and access the data via center in xp. We just decided it was time to upgrade (he was rocking a sempron 2500 system ^_^) but we have run into the describe issue above regarding windows 7 and the video overlay or what have you (basically eveything installs fine but the center displays black only with the timers increasing on all cameras). I've currently set him up with a dual boot so he can boot into xp and all things work as expected in diginet center and then boot into 7 when he needs to do his day to day but being the obsessive cumplusive person he is he really wants to use the center in windows 7.

I'm glad to hear theirs a 5.3 in the works but outside of you and this messgeboard i'm not even sure how to purchase/get ahold of the software. I know he would glady pay whatever for it. Thanks for all your help here and your knowledge.

Hi Curley,

Yes, we (SAY Security), are the only ones developing the Diginet software. All others have abandoned it. The software needed some work to make it Windows 7 complaint. Email sales@saysecurity.com. One of our sales reps will get you started on 5.3.

Thanks

J

Ryan,

Do you have a 5.2 Key?

We no longer offer demo mode.

No I dont have a Key.. I never did purchase it because it wasnt working with windows vista a windows 7.. It doesnt really mater if there is a demo mode.. as long as it is going to work... How much is it and where can I get it.?

regarding windows 7 pro: has nayone tried using windows xp mode? Im about to try that tomorrow!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

I Tried Everything to get this version to work.. I paid for it and hours later Jason Had my Money Refunded..

5.3 will work with Win 7 32 Bit. We removed demo mode from 5.3 due to a high piracy rate.

Jason Although I do somewhat agree with your comment here.. I also disagree.. all this causes for users that want to try your software is a HUGE headache.. Like me I actually lost money because of the CaD US exchange when I was refunded not hours later.

Make sure you are using 32 Bit version.

We have 10 software guys that work hard at what they do. We can't risk 5.3 getting hacked. For this reason, we removed the trial.

We considered releasing this version only to our dealers, but decided that others may benefit from the windows 7 side.

well I was using 32bit and it did & didn't work and when I talked to the tech support they didn't seem to have a clue. the software does work but only for about 20 seconds then crashes and you have to reboot. so although your programmers may have worked hard on this,, I guess they may need to work harder or allow a trial again so one knows when to upgrade once the bugs are fixed

Ryan, we will not offer a trial version again. It's not worth the risk.

If you ever want to attempt 5.3 in the future...

I recommend:

Intel MB

Intel CPU

ATI Video card

Our embedded OS (XPe) is still the way to go. No windows issues. We built is custom for our DVR software.

I've got all the recommended models of computer equipment you all had suggested and still it crashes..

We would be happy to look at your system if you want to send it to us. If we can't duplicate your crash, we can't fix it.

J