Sign in to follow this  
deejay

Eyemax DV-9448 Issue

I am setting up a PC-Based DVR for my parents store. I'm knowledgable moreso with computers than Camera's. Hooking them up is not an issue.

Here's the problem.

I'm running Win7 32-bit and per the company I bought it from I'm using:

Intel Processor (i5 Quad Core)

ATI Radeon 5670 Video Card

640Gig C:\ Drive

2TB Data dump drive.

4 Gigs RAM

Intel H55 Mobo.

Now we have an old standalone DVR thats on it's last leg. When I hook the camera up to it we get full video feed. Whenever I plug the Camera into the DV-9448 all I get is a black screen on our Monitor. It's showing that there is a live feed AND that there is motion detected, but it's not through-putting the live feed of the camera.

I've talked to them and they're trying to say that it's either my OS install (Which is fresh and I'm qualified enough to know that this system is running at peak performance) or that it's my video card doesn't have enough power.

The second part is even more humorous as the 5670 has 800 stream processors, 1 GB GDDR5 Memory, and they were using the 4600 Series cards.

So my theory is it's either a faulty DVR Card OR the Eyemax Software is bunk.. However with it working on their systems and other homebuilders, it leaves me to believe that it's likely the card. I just can't understand it's issue considering the fact that Windows sees it, and says it's functioning normally.

Any Suggestions?

I've had similar issues with a customer that i picked up that was already using eyemax in their stores. Black video, but everything seemed to be working properly. Turns out that it was a non-compatible motherboard. The issue would naturally lead one to believe that it is a faulty card. However, eyemax cards are very finicky with motherboards. I have found the most basic motherboards to work best with these. I've been using entry level MSI cards with no issues, after having to troubleshooot issues with other cards.

I've had similar issues with a customer that i picked up that was already using eyemax in their stores. Black video, but everything seemed to be working properly. Turns out that it was a non-compatible motherboard. The issue would naturally lead one to believe that it is a faulty card. However, eyemax cards are very finicky with motherboards. I have found the most basic motherboards to work best with these. I've been using entry level MSI cards with no issues, after having to troubleshooot issues with other cards.

So you believe that the Intel H55 Motherboard is the culprit?

Would the MSI H55 or P55 be a reasonable Solution? I've already purchased several items for "Configuration issues" and I basically am a motherboard shy of building a new PC and the parents are not too pleased.

Hello, i know 2 years old post almost. I am having the same issue. The cameras were working fine, had a power outage at my business, and know the camera's are black. i can replay video and see it fine, if im on remote access, i can see live video. but if i look at the monitor conntected to the dvr computer, the video feeds all show up black. the system was 100% working. any info would help thank you