Securame

Generic DVR cards, which one is the new BT878 for Win7?

Given that I am starting to support more and more Win7, I would like to find DVR cards that can be used with generic drivers and software. With WinXP, I had 3 models of cards with BT878 chip (one chip, four chips, 8 chips) which worked great with BTWinCap drivers, and then you could use any capture program you liked (even things like capture Adobe Premiere, videoconferencing with MSN Messenger or Skype, etc).

I really have not tried too hard, but I think that so far there are no drivers for BT878 cards under Win7, at least I have been unable to get those same cards working. So I would like to find if there is any card/chip that, under Win7, will allow to use any program that makes use of Windows capture devices.

Any hints?

I spent many hours looking myself for the same thing, and i found nothing. For some reason cards that are to be used under win 7 are being sold with bundled dvr software that uses either non standard drivers or drivers internal to the program.

I know that there are cards than can be used with several softwares, and softwares that can use several cards... Like Hikvision DVR cards, I have used them with iVMS2000 from Hikvision, but also with Netvision software and Unisight software. And I know that Netvision software supports many brands of DVR cards, like Hikvision, Dahua, and quite a few more.

But that is a higher level solution, I am still looking for the budget option, like BT878 was on WinXP...

I know that there are cards than can be used with several softwares, and softwares that can use several cards... Like Hikvision DVR cards, I have used them with iVMS2000 from Hikvision, but also with Netvision software and Unisight software. And I know that Netvision software supports many brands of DVR cards, like Hikvision, Dahua, and quite a few more.

But that is a higher level solution, I am still looking for the budget option, like BT878 was on WinXP...

Which software do you think is better? Did you purchase a license for the Netvision software?

I hardly use (myself) PC based DVRs, just for tests, seting up for customers, selling them, etc. I am more a "standalone" guy.

I have just used Netvision trial; but if you buy the hardware for them, you get the software license included on the price.

I hardly use (myself) PC based DVRs, just for tests, seting up for customers, selling them, etc. I am more a "standalone" guy.

I have just used Netvision trial; but if you buy the hardware for them, you get the software license included on the price.

1) Curious: why only standalone DVRs, do they have a particular advantage over the PC based systems?

2) I would have no clue where to buy a netvision dvr card and how it compares (pricewise and featurewise) with a hikvision or geovision card

3) How did the IW2000 (or whatever hikvisions' DVR software's name is) and netvisiondvr compare?

I would have no clue where to buy a netvision dvr card and how it compares (pricewise and featurewise) with a hikvision or geovision card

Hey Dudu, Like the idea of this netvision myself - but it all seems verrrry vague. Best kept secret in business?...... or just supplied to the pros?

Rocket.