Sign in to follow this  
belfast engineer

Dowshu DVR crashed?

Hi everyone 1st post on here. I have a Dowshu 32ch bond 7032 recorder which I removed from a site today which has a fault it seems as if the hard drive has been corrupted and the machine is asking for a boot disk or choose a disk to boot up. Does anybody know how I go about rebuilding the hard drive or is it beyond repair?

Either the boot drive is toast, and you will need to replace the drive and re-image, OR the drive is no longer properly connected to the main board.

Check all your cable connections to the HDD. That model has an HDD cage, right? If so, check and make sure that the boot drive is "turned on" (I've actually seen this happen a few times, I have to ask).

If all that fails then try a new drive and use the repair disk that came with the system.

Cheers for the reply checked all connections and all seem ok. Think the os is on a 80g hard drive in the unit. Can the hard drive be repaired to save the data? as I don't have the boot cd

Sorry for the delay, here we go:

80Gig HDD? That's sort of small potatoes for a Dowshu DVR. BUT shouldn't be an issue, the DVR does not record to the boot drive, only to the additional HDDs.

[As a side note, if your boot "drive" is only 80Gig, I'd bet willing to bet that your C drive is a logical partition on the first HDD, in which case there is saved data on that drive]

I would recommend contacting a local IT professional if you are interested in recovering the drive, but this might not be cost effective. Otherwise I would recommend contacting your installer/integrator to get a repair disc.

Nothing like jumping on an antique thread !!

Does anyone happen to have a rescue disc ?? Its worth a few beers !

Regards

Tim