BagPuss

DVR4000 and Hybrid Software?

Hey Everyone,

Since being burgled back in Oct 2009, I've installed a Yale System alarm with extras and at the time I purchased from eBay a PC Based 8 Channel Card with 4 Internal Domes and 4 External Camera's.

I'm very happy with the card and camera's but the software although its ok is not exactly brilliant.

I'm hoping to view it remotely so I can check on things while away, not holidays but just times when we're away from home.

I've set up a DNS Service, as my Netgear Router supports this through DynDNS.com, however the DVR software will not let me log into my host name but a name through its own site.

So I'm looking at other Software possibilities.

Now reading through some of the posts it looks like its a case of whatever your card came with is what you have to use.

However reading into NovoSun CyeEye, it's looking like a Hybrid software that I could possibly use in its place.

Hybrid Solution with Multiple Devices and Sources Supported Support PCI/PCI-E capture card, USB-webcam, hardware compression card (HikVision), IP Camera(Axis, Panasonic, D-Link, HikVision, ACti, AVTech, Arecont Vision, Sony, Samsung, etc), Windows Media Stream, RTSP stream, local video file and remote connecting source, etc.

Has anyone else found any software that is working ok with other cards.

I'll find out what card my is later as now off to work.

Thanks all and what a great site!

Installed the software NovoSun and strugling to find my cam's mainly due to not really knowing too much about the PCI Card.

However installing Everest onto the Server and it listed it as JVS C801, so a bit of Googling and finally came up with Jovision

http://www.jovision.com.cn/en/download.php?cid=1

I've downloaded the software from their site and will give it try tomorrow night.

I had a really nice email back from NovoSun......

Hi,

This card is not supported.

Best Regards,

NovoSun Technology Limited

Oh well keep trying!

Ok, I've now installed Jovision's JVS-C801 Software and drivers.

All went on ok and it found the card and istalled drivers without any problems, software went on ok as well.

More to follow!

Well i'm afraid it looked promising but alas it was a no go.

Software GUI looks a hell of a lot better than DVR4000.

Unfortunately even though the Drivers installed ok, all i get is a Black screen on each of the outputs?

Tried going through the Settings but still a no go.

Next!

I have found various versions of DVR4000 with each newer version getting better in reliability, etc. My current version Dec 2010 works great. I only wish it had selective TV out instead of all or 1 camera. Otherwise remote viewing ,etc work great

Hi, my version is a lot older than that, could you send me a link as to where you downloaded it from.

Hi,

The latest version now that i have is V4.10.1030 which 650HPAMG kindly let me download from his ftp.

Its fair fair better than V2.1 which I also had.

PM 650HPAMG, I'm sure he'll send you the link.

Although one question.....

Why is the 'Update' button never enabled to check for updates?

Thanks again 650HPAMG

I got the main software working on WHS and the client is running on Win 7 64bit ok.

I just need to get it working remotely now and I'll be happy

Yes, the driver for the card itself. It finds it, recognizes it, then says hardware not found when installing driver or incompatible hardware depending on method used.

I have a really old version of dvr4000 v1.9 which keeps crashing! Could you please email the latest version as well would be much appriciated

email me at adam91210@yahoo.com

After a few days of testing it out, it seems the refresh rate isn't as good as the old V2.01 version. Is seems very 'Robotic' on the Channel windows instead of nice and smooth.

Its ceratinly more stable than V2.01.

I'm struggling to view the files as they seem too big, although the Player didn't work in V2.01 on the Server but did on the Client.

Opening up the player just seems to take an eternity while it looks at all the files for each channel, sometimes I can leave it for around an hour and its ready to look at, but then I can't view the channels to see what has been recorded?

Anyone else struggling with V4.10?

I don't have any other software or cards installed on this machine, it is purely for the CCTV.

Cheers

Glad it worked out for you. I just wish it worked under Windows 7 64bit. Going to try XP Mode next.

Yeah, XP Mode won't work for ya bud. Virtual PC/Machine software simply doesn't recognize PCI or PCI-E cards. About the only hardware device you can get to work besides the drives are USB devices (printers, flash drives, etc).

Another thing to note is that you cannot run a x64 bit Operating System on XP Mode under Windows 7. It doesn't matter if you're running Win7 x86 (32 bit) or x64 bit, Virtual PC does not allow x64 bit Virtual Machines and that includes the built-in XP Mode. You're going to have to download VMWare or something with more functionality.

Sorry for the bad news!

Can you give me an update version of dvr4000 software? (I have a 2009 version on cd).

Thanks.

Yeah I was able to find v4.01 but I would like to have 4.10. Could you email it to me? cctvnorthgate@gmail.com

I've a PCI Express 8Ch card, and am running 64bit Windows 7. (eBay item 390501910486)

I've installed the drivers ok, as far as I can tell. The card was detected by the driver install and W7 seems happy.

I've installed the supplied Server software, but as soon as I run this I get an error and the app closes.

I'm going to try V4.01 (or v4.10 is someone can PM me).

If not is there any other software that will see this card?

thanks